Chapter 7 (1st PERSON)

Nick and I were driving back to the villa in the dim light of the moon. We were also talking about what just happened. "...So he knows that we are married. I told him that before I walked up to you. He also asked me to go with him to what he called a 'work' event. I told him yes since it might give us more time to bond and for him to trust me. I gave him the number for the burner phone. He gave me his number, too. He said that the 'work event' was tomorrow at 3:00p.m. He wanted to meet up at the bar at 2:50p.m. I should be able to get him to confess in 3-5 days," I tell Nick.
"That's good. You both seemed well acquainted when I got there," Nick says, turning into the driveway of the villa. "I was just working my charms," I state in a nonchalant way. "Well, you're very good at your job," Nick compliments me. I find myself blushing at his comment and I quickly turn my head.
"Thanks, you too," I say, hoping that Nick didn't see me blushing. He parks the car and unbuckles his seat belt. A few moments later, he's opening up my car door. I thank him and walk up to the door of the villa. I shuffle around my purse, find the keys and drop them, bending down to pick them up.