First Friend

Hey! This is the first official chapter of this book. The beginning bit is the summary, for those of you who didn't read it. I would take a minute to look through it, as it will help y'all understand the premise. Hope you all like this fanfic!

In my last life, I had a dream. I had always wanted to be a doctor; the idea of helping people, healing them, made me feel good. It made me feel like I could have a purpose. But my life ended before it could really begin. At that point I thought it was the end, that I lost my chance. And then I was born again. I found myself reborn in the Young Justice world, a universe I had only watched on TV in my past life. My parents in this life are just as loving as my parents in my last life. I am an only child born to a very wealthy family, just as wealthy, if not more so, than Bruce Wayne. My new family owns many hospitals in the United States, and are the founders of several international medical societies. When I learned of this, I was ecstatic; there was already foundation for me to become a doctor and help people in this life. I knew about the superheroes that existed in this world, heck, my family even helped heal them from injuries sometimes! But I was content with the idea of helping people like a regular doctor, doing everything I could to heal those in need. That is, until I found out I wasn't born normal in this life. I'm a meta-human with a very special and overpowered ability. Absolute Restoration. I can fix and restore anything to its original form perfectly. When my parents found out, they were both awed and scared for me. They taught me to never use my ability in front of others, for I would be in danger of those who would want me for my power. I listened to them, because I was scared too. My parents became very protective of me, hardly letting me leave the mansion, and always keeping guards and attendants with me. I became a very shy and quiet person, but I felt safe knowing my secret was protected and my family was there for me no matter what. But secrets don't last forever, especially not one as big as mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OC's POV

My name is Apollo Rafael Dawn, or at least, that's the name I was given when I was reborn in my new world, the Young Justice universe. I had watched the show in my old life, but I never expected to be reincarnated in it.

Everything seemed really normal at first. I mean, aside from superheroes and aliens existing and my new parents being filthy rich from owning a bunch of hospitals and international health organizations. When I first found out what they do for a living, I thought 'well, that's convenient.' I'd always wanted to be a doctor, so being born to the owners of a bunch of hospitals seemed like fate. Not only are my new parents rich and smart, they are also really kind and loving too. I'm their only son so they always make sure to spend ample time with me, as they mostly work from home, and when they can't be with me they make sure I'm well taken care of. We live in a large mansion in Metropolis, and even though we already have lots of maids and butlers, they hired more attendants just to keep me company and watch over me. Everything was perfect.

All up until the day I turned six.

I had been playing in our personal garden my parents had installed just for me. I didn't go outside much, for multiple reasons. One, because my parents preferred if I stayed inside, or on the property where I could see them. Two, I am more thin and fragile than other children my age, and as a result my physical constitution is weaker. This means that I can't stay outside or play for as long because I get too tired. And three, my appearance attracts a lot of attention. I have silky platinum blonde hair that almost appears white and almost reaches my shoulders, which isn't all that strange, but my eyes are a shade of rose pink, which is extremely unique. I also have very soft, pale skin. My parents expected to have modeling agencies coming to our doorstep as a result, but they wanted to protect me from that at least until I was older, so they kept me on our property grounds. On the day of my sixth birthday, I had been walking through the gardens, and happened upon a beautifully grown rose bush.