Welcome to the Team

Been a hot minute, huh? Sorry bout the wait, here ya go!

P.S. I do not own YJ, the pictures in this chapter, or the song below. BTW, please play the song below while you read. Thanks!

The Team's POV

Aqualad, Superboy, and Kid Flash watch bemused as Robin paces nervously in front of the zeta beam. 

They got a call from Batman; a new member would be joining the team today. None of them new any details, but it was evident Robin knew something they did not. 

They were right, of course. Robin did know something they did not; Robin knew exactly who was joining the team, and he was anxious. 

Apollo, sweet, innocent, fragile Apollo, was joining the team. What was Batman thinking?! After everything he just went through, now Batman wants to put him in even more danger by letting him go on missions!

Don't misunderstand, Robin knows Apollo can defend himself. He's just worried; Apollo doesn't like hurting people, and he's so sensitive, going on missions will definitely be taxing on him. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't his decision. Batman made the choice, and Apollo agreed. That doesn't mean Robin has to be happy about it though. 

"Dude, calm down. I'm sure whoever the new member is will be fine. Besides, it'll be nice having another person on the team. The more the merrier, right?"

Aqualad nods, agreeing with Kid Flash. "There is no need to be so worried, my friend. Perhaps you will feel better sharing your concerns?"

Robin sighs, shaking his head. "Sorry guys, I don't know if I can say anything yet. Batman will be here soon, then he can tell everyone."

As if summoned by his words, the zeta beam gives off a bright light. A feminine sounding robotic voice intones, "recognized, Batman 02. Recognized, Apollo B05."

Two silhouettes appear through the teleporter. One is the familiar form of the Dark Knight, looking just as stoic as always. The person next to him, however, attracts the attention of the team. 

The boy looks to be about the same age as Robin, though slightly shorter. He has beautiful, pale blonde hair and milky white skin. A pair of bright eyes, the color staggeringly pink, stares at the group shyly. 

In other words, the boy was stunning. 

"Hi," the boy says softly, his voice a gentle cadence. 

Kid Flash drools; Robin glares at his friend. 

Aqualad is the first to come out of the dazed stupor caused by the boy's appearance. He approaches, the others following behind him. For once, Kid Flash is too stunned by the boys looks to flirt. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Aqualad says gently with a smile. "My name is Aqualad. This is Superboy, Kid Flash, and I assume you know Robin. I assume you will be joining the team?"

"Ah," the boy smiles nervously, looking up at Batman with a question in his eyes. Batman nods his head slightly, "that is what we are here to discuss. This is Apollo," Batman places a hand on the boy's shoulder. "He will be joining the team, but his primary role will be as the groups healer. He will attend missions with you, but will take up support positions. He will be available to assist you should any of you require medical attention, but he is not to be put in the line of fire. If he is to join the team, you all need to understand that while his job is to heal you, yours is to protect him while he does so. He cannot be concerned about outside threats while he is assisting one of you. I trust you all comprehend this."