Acclimating

Wow, it's been quite a while since I updated this fic. Figured it was about time, lol. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Superboy's POV

Ever since the new boy came, I've been watching him. 

He's more beautiful than anyone I've ever seen, even if that list isn't actually very long. The G-gnomes showed me many things when I was still a prisoner of Cadmus, that includes all kinds of different people. 

None of them looked anything like Apollo. 

His pale skin, platinum blonde hair, and sparkling pink eyes. Everything about him is otherworldly. 

The others have also seemed to notice this fact, if Kid Flash's drooling and Aqualads subtle awed glances are any indication. 

Strangely, it bothers me. I don't really know why. I've barely spoken to him at all.

And yet, ever since he looked at me, I've been feeling...weird. 

I can't help but wonder if he'll be safe on this team. Granted, having a healer will be extremely helpful, but Apollo is frail. I can tell just from looking at him that he's not really built to be in combat. He's thin and delicate; he'll be at risk on missions. It explains why he'll be taking a support role, and why Batman ordered us to protect him, but it's still a little alarming. 

Whatever. I shouldn't worry. I'm the clone of Superman, a weapon. I'll have no problem protecting Apollo. 

Now it's nighttime. Batman gave me a room in the Cave, since he told me I can live here. I was given a closet, a desk, and a bed, which leads me to my current problem. 

I can't sleep at all.

This bed is cushy and soft, too much so. The entire time I've been alive so far, I've lived in a pod. A pod where there's no cushions, and you sleep standing up. 

Looking around, I spot the closet, and get an idea in my mind. However, before I can get up, my door suddenly opens. 

Standing there, smiling shyly, is Apollo. 

I move to get up, but Apollo shakes his hands frantically. 

"No, you don't have to get up! I'm sorry if I woke you, I was just-um, I mean..."

He trails off and I just watch him bemusedly as he attempts to find his words again. 

"Well, I didn't really get to talk to you much today," he collects himself and smiles. "I was hoping I could wish you goodnight before I left for home. It's late though, so I guess I wasn't fully expecting you to still be up."

I just nod, and the room gets quiet again. Apollo and I are just watching each other, until the boy seems to realize something, and his features soften. 

"You couldn't sleep?"

I sigh, but respond, "no. I'm not used to sleeping like this."

Apollo just nods, surprisingly understanding. He seems to think for a moment, before smiling brightly at me. 

"Well, how about I sing you a lullaby!"

I raise an eyebrow, and Apollo blushes brightly. 

"I-I mean, only if you want. If it's weird, I don't have to. I mean, it's just that my mom sometimes sang me lullaby's when I was younger and I couldn't sleep, so I thought it might help you, too. But it's-"

"Alright." I interrupt. 

Apollo startles, but then registers what I said. The bright smile on his face makes the decision worth it, I decide.