Chapter 13

I know it's been a really long time since I updated and honestly, I thought I had given up on this story. I had lost muse, inspiration and the patience for it. But I checked my old email account recently (the one my wattpad account is linked to) and I discovered that people are still voting and commenting on my stories and honestly that means a hell of a lot. So I want to say thank you so so much to all the people who have kept voting and supporting me. Thank you for being patient and encouraging, it means the world to me. So this update is for all of you and here's to many more chapters.

"Rise and shine sweet cheeks." A voice whispered in my ear. It only made me groan and whack the offending person around the head.

"Go away Chuck!" I huffed.

"Well someone's in a good mood. Come on. If you get up now you might be able to catch a glimpse of a certain Nate Archibald working out."

I immediately shot up and ran downstairs. I was very disappointed in what I saw. Nate was fully clothed and talking to my dad.

"You forget that we had a thing going, Lexi. I know how to get you up." Chuck smirked from behind me.

"You're not funny." I huffed. "Besides me and Nate aren't even a thing anymore and we probably never will be."

"Oh Lexi, you're here." Dad said, suddenly noticing my presence. "Come, sit, have breakfast."

I looked at the spread on the table and shook my head. "I have to get dressed, excuse me." I said and bumped my shoulder against Chuck's glaring at him.

I walked into my bathroom and got in the shower, letting the water drizzle down my back. I liked the way it washed away all of my worries as if they didn't exist. The way the water trickled down your back, soothing every muscle in your body.

I turned the water off and got out of the shower. I got my favourite fluffy pink towel and wrapped it around me, feeling all snug.

I walked out of my bathroom and walked straight into Nate, making me almost topple over but he caught me in time.

"Are you okay?" Nate asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, but I'm a little naked." I told him with my eyebrows raised.

He immediately let go of me and I grabbed my towel to cover my body back up.

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked.

"Oh, I came to give you something. But when I knocked you didn't answer, so I thought I'd just put it down for you."

"What did you wanna give me?"

Nate reached in his pocket and pulled out a box. He passed it over to me with a shy smile on his face. I ran my fingers over the velvety material, my heart pounding against my chest like it wanted to escape.

"Open it." He whispered, as if talking too load would break the atmosphere in the room, as if it would ruin the moment between us.

I carefully pushed the lid up and gasped at what I saw. A dainty, silver, heart-shaped locket. It had pink diamonds for the petals on the flower. And carved into the silver were some words.

"To the bravest of souls and the strongest of hearts." I read aloud.

"Look at the back." Nate said.

I turned it over and smiled. "Yours forever, Nate."

A watery smile took over my features and I hugged him close to me, all worries about how naked I was were gone. "It's beautiful, but why did you get it?"