Tensions Rising

Poland's POV:

The car ride home was filled with an uneasy silence, and it felt excruciatingly longer than the first trip.

It may just be because I was now smushed right next to the axis powers, and Reich was basically giving me a hug we were so close!

It could've been anyone else But me. Although, I do owe him a few knocks on the head for torturing me for 6 years straight.

I directed my gaze to Germany, who had his eyes fixed on the road, although I noticed he'd peer into his rear view mirror and give his father a salty stare every once and a while.

Reich seemed to pick this up too, I could tell by the look in his eyes, they seemed... Sad?

Can this thing feel sadness?

"Are... Are you alright... Son?" Reich faultered, leaning in close to the front seat to get a better view of his sons face.

Germs furrowed his eyebrows in anger and frustration, visibly tightening his grip on the wheel.

"I said we'd have a chat when we get home, you can't always get what you want when you want." He stated bluntly, with a tinge of fury melted into his voice.

Reich was immediately taken back by his sons response, assuming he expects nothing but respect from him 24/7.

Once again, the vehicle was filled with an awkward silence which was only somewhat satisfied by breathing and Prussia's slight snores and mumbles in sleep.

Fascist turned his head to the back to face Prussia. He raised an eyebrow at the peculiar being.

He turned back to the front, his puzzled expression told that questions were swimming through his mind awaiting an answer.

"Isn't he supposed to be... Dead?" He questioned, pointing behind him with his thumb.

"More or less." Ame erupted from the window seat.

"Why are the cars so weird, and fast?" He spoke again

Imperial gave Fascist a "light" punch in  the gut, resulting in him doubling over in pain.

"These aren't cars, idiot." She jokingly insulted him, chuckling. He chuckled Along aswell, but he was more distracted by the nagging pain in his stomach now.

"They are" Russia remarked loftily, smirking. Imperial stared at Russia like he was a mad man, contorting her face in confusion.

"But cars aren't this... This... Rounded..." She finally spoke, loosing some confidence in her voice.

She nudged Reich who was right next to her, he acknowledged her prese.nce by a simple hand gesture, but didn't speak. He had his eyes focused on the windshield.

Throughout the entire car ride, we kept dipping In and out of awkward silence; someone would say something, the other would respond and then back again into quietness.

[An excruciatingly long, awkward journey later:]

We were in our neighbourhood now, Ame and Nada had fallen asleep, The axis powers had silenced, plus Fascist had decided it'd be a good idea to bite my shoulder, and Prussia had woken up and began flexing his fingers out of boredom.

"We're here!" Germany exclaimed, relieved, jumping out of the vehicle in delight. He rushed to the front door to unlock it.

I unbuckled my seatbelt, opening the door with a slight creak, allowing the axis to clamber out.

My legs were still half asleep for sitting in the same position for too long, so I had a limp.

I stumbled over to America's door knocking on the window to wake him up. His eyes flickered open and he gave me a frustrated glare.

Once We had gotten all our stuff from the trunk, we headed inside, Russia semi-lead our guests inside, while I was too preoccupied in avoiding the persons who tortured me for 6 years.

Germany was sat on the couch with a flower expression on his face, he glared up at his father and pointed him to the place next to him.

Reich edged towards his son, placing himself down onto the sofa. It was nice and cushioned, the grey fabricated pillows basically collapsed in on themselves.

They sat expressionless in the middle of the room, eyeing each other down, we were all desperately waiting for someone to light the fuse.

"Are you... Alright son? You seem stressed." Reich muttered under his breath, he was bouncing his leg up and down, no doubtibly because of stress.

"Alright...?" Germs seethed tautly with slight strain in his voice.

"Alright?!" He repeated more aggressively, the tension in the room and in him was pretty much boiling over.

"You lied to me for 16 years and you expect me to be alright?! How dumb do you think I am!?" Germany fumed, jolting up in his chair.

His father recoiled at his sons sudden abrupt response.

"We'll leave now..." Prussia remarked, tugging my sweater sleeve. I was lead out of the room by him and the others, although I was let go at the door, I squatted down behind the frame to peer in.

A/N

824 words, yet another short a## chapter.

I'm trying to grow the mind set, that: "if I don't work on this book I'll never get to the exciting parts."

Make him feel better meme time