Glittering Gemstone

Germany's POV:

The stagnant night air was crisp and cool, I felt it brush against me as I lay in bed aimlessly as the late hours passed, slowly swirling into dawn.

I stared up at the ceiling, studying the perfectly placed patterns, seeming to dance around above me, I focused my attention to the lightbulb, the dull crystal casing was still, with the cream coloured shade over the top like a blanket.

Once I had picked out every little detail from the canvas of my ceiling, I was soon, once again, lying down in absolute boredom. My mind flooded with thoughts, none of which were describable by words.

The silence was deafening, a light buzz grew in my ears as they desperately tried to find any wisp if noise. Nothing. Only the muffled chirp of crickets and the early morning calls of birds. I squeezed my eyes shut to listen in closely, although dim, these sounds were enlightening, nature the prosperous being that circles us, never-ending, as long as we live, it lives.

My ears were tuned in to the soft melodies, that was until the buzzing returned, the noise was on loop, it grew louder then softer, like a heartbeat. I shot up from my bed and darted my eyes across the room trying to find the source of the noise.

I eagerly climbed out of bed, stumbling to retrieve my glasses placed on a bedside table. I danced around the pitch-black room, seeing if my ears were just restless, or there is another force at play. Through the blackness, grew a light, an emerald green light.
Sparks of the green flame crept into my vision, blinding my eyes which hadn't adjusted to the light.

My glasses projected the light like a mirror, directing the brightness back at itself, I hobbled towards the source which seemed to be my closet, I was intrigued, yet a little nervous. I placed my hand on the cold wooden surface, then opened.

I craned my neck to see more clearly, in an open box lay an old jade necklace, my necklace, a present. I grasped it in open hands and stared down, it was warm, yet icy, it was flashing the beats of the buzzing which still echoed through my brain. I remember when I got this necklace:

It was a warm Autumns day if the year 1933, the exaggerated laughter and singing crept beyond the small houses walls...

"Happy birthday Germany!" The family cheered simultaneously, the little toddler sat in his high chair looking proud at his parents, his proud eyes turned to excitement as he watched his father in awe carrying out a chocolate cake for them to enjoy. Germany clapped his hands, impatiently waiting for a slice.

His grandfather reached over to where the birthday boy sat and pinched his cheeks lovingly, Germany giggled hysterically. His mother cut out the slices, one obviously bigger than the others.

"And the biggest piece for the birthday boy!" She chuckled pushing the plate infront of him. In almost an instant Germany had his hands in the cake, gobbling it down greedily, smothering some of it onto his face, the family laughed at the little boys joyfilled reaction as they happily chomped down on their own slices.

After the cleaning up, everyone had gathered in the living room, the adults chatting away while Germany was lying on the ground stuffed and feeling ill.

His grandfather chuckled rubbing the little boys tummy to relieve the aching
"So. Since I think now is a good time, I suggest we open some presents? Shall we Germs?"
He shot up with glistening eyes, quickly recovering from his tummy ache, his mother and father both knodded as they placed four presents Infront on him, one from his parents, two from his aunty and uncle and one from his school friend.

[A moment of vigorous unwrapping later...]

After all the presents were unwrapped and ready for use, Germany's grandfather gave the boy a final, special present.

"Here..." He said opening a tiny, silvery-white fabric covered box, he stuck is nose in the box to see what is was

"Ooh! A necklace!" He cheered looping it around his head, the necklace wasn't fancy, it had a black, hand made twine like string holding a jade like rock, it was marbled inside spiraling in different shades and hues of green, it was a beautiful gem. Despite the loving gift, his parents shot unsatisfied glares are eachother and him.

"What does it do and where is it from?" Germany asked in a playful voice, his grandfather placed a large hand on his shoulder and looked him dead in the eyes, not in a threatening way, more of a saddened stare.

"This necklace has been in our family for generations, being passed down through the mothers and fathers of this family. And what is does... Well, you'll find out in the near future, I'll just say that." He sighed, giving a panicked side eye to his son; the father of Germany.

I fluttered my eyes open, the pictures of the old living room in the house of my childhood were still fresh in my mind, the faces of my mother and father were bright and cheerful, and I will never forget my Uncle's laughter. The years before the war.
I pressed the stone up against my chest, letting all the good times seep in as they faded from view.

I stared at the floor, my tired eyes struggling to stay open. From the middle of my room I hobbled over to the closest to put the gem back, I stumbled getting it in knocking things over and on to the floor with almost every movement. I sighed, picking up the scattered pieces of paper, all of the were either old work assignments or old black and white photographs from the 60's with me looking like an absolute lunatic. I be t down to pick up another piece of paper, it was stained and crumpled. I couldn't make out the words since they were all so faded from time. I squinted at the paper, I only made out two words

"Okay Sohn?"

I stood there staring down at the paper in confusion. I took a picture of the note. Then out of pure curiosity, sent it out to my friends to see if they could decipher it. I placed it on my desk with the gem then jumped back into bed finally letting sleep claim me.

A/N

*Gasp* A chapter? Motivation? This can't be?!

(Who keeps a random jade necklace in their closet? 

Germany does!)