Prints from the Past

Germanys POV:

I rose from my chair after what felt like years without moving, I bent my back, arching it unnaturally. Once all the stiffness of my neck and back had eased up, I took one look down at the massive mess on my desk. Books and binders were scattered all across my workspace and stacks of paper; some towering over me stood crooked next to my desk. I sighed, rubbing my eyes sore and red. Once I started to pack up my belongings, everyone was already gone, I was one of the only people in the building now, apart from the Janitor who was hereafter 9:00.
I slid everything on my desk into a brown leather satchel, it has served me well over the years, it was obviously worn and looked older than it was, but then again, it was my father's, who had it all through the war, so... It's doing fine. I slung it over my shoulder, straightening the strap with my thumb. I spun around to walk out, but then I was shown something truly magnificent: Out of my office's biggest window I noticed as the sun had begun to set, falling behind the skyscrapers of the city, soon all that was left was a dull frame of pink and orange light blending into the navy blue sky creating a beautiful gradient of colours, the clouds were painted peach, the fluffiness of them looked like they were the same consistency as cotton candy. I snapped out of my trance to the growing force of my satchel, I pressed my hands up against the glass,  grinning at the phenomenal sight displayed Infront of me.

Once I left the window, I found myself pacing down the hallway, rapidly passing the countless office cubicles. I craned my neck down another hallway, peering down into the empty corridor of carpet and wooden walls. The walls were a polished brown, shining in the dim light that flickered above me, it became more noticeable once I looked closer; scratches. Scratches from the past, some of them looked like claw marks, some resembled dents, and hard blows like something had been thrown, or rammed into the walls with such force to make a permanent mark into solid wood to be seen centuries later by me and others.

I came closer to them, they looked to have been painted over multiple times, but failing to disappear, they were just... There.
My paranoia started talking in my head like the little demon on my shoulder:

"Who made them?"

"What made them?"

"Why were they made?"

"Is the thing that made them still around?"

"Is it coming for me?"

"Was it a family member of mine?"

"Was it a friend of mine?"

"Was it me...?"

I shivered at the questions in my head, knowing that they're still dangling there on the edge of my mind without an answer to catch them as they fell.
I decided to go and leave before any more subliminal thoughts crawl into my brain.
I paced down the hall, faster than before, I tapped my fingers on my satchel creating almost inaudible thuds. Once I had reached my car, I stared up at the roof of our building, it scraped the now dark night sky. I ran my hands on the roof of my car, the cold metal made my hand tingle. Everything was silent, it wasn't an eerie silence, it was just there. I don't believe in ghost personally, but strange things have happened that cannot be explained, and whatever thing lurks here, doesn't want me to stay.

<><><><>

Words: 599

Sorry not much in this chapter, nothing really interesting either, it is my first published book, so please be understanding. ;^;

Auf Wiedersehen-