[4] Fate only takes you so far, in the end it's up to you to make it happen

We all stand in a group, waiting with a bunch of random people to take a tour of the pentagon

We all stand in a group, waiting with a bunch of random people to take a tour of the pentagon. Little do the rest of them know that our 'tour' is gonna include a little bit more free access.

"Hello everybody!" A way too cheery voice calls. "I am going to be your tour guide through this amazing facility we all call the pentagon. Now before the fun begins, I'm just going to have to ask that all of yall line up and show your ticket to me at the door. Does that make sense to everyone?"

I hear a few people say, 'yes' or something else to that effect. Unfortunately, I'm traveling with a bunch of clearly inexperienced people who never handed me any kind of ticket.

"A ticket?" Peter asks in a hushed voice.

Logan looks to Hank. "You got those, right?"

"Um..." Hank begins to dig through his fanny pack where all of the objects he needs are. "Here we go, each of you take one. And no matter what information she tries to confirm, just say yes."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I question.

No one gets a chance to respond though. I look up from my newly acquired paper ticket to see the tour guide waving us forward. A steading breath flows through me and I try to calm my nerves as Hank goes first, showing the lady his paper.

She looks over it for a moment before she nods and does the same for Peter, then Logan, then-

The tour guide stops when I show her my ticket and looks up to Charles, who is currently standing directly behind me. "I'm sorry sir, are you sure this is your daughter's ticket?"

"My uh-" Charles gets thrown off for a second before he looks to Hank and seems to remember his words. "Yes, I'm sure."

The lady sends us both a suspicious look. "I apologize but I'm going to have to ask that you two step aside and confirm her ticket with security. It appears-"

"He's not my dad!" I blurt.

All eyes turn to me and Peter mouths 'what are you doing?' I have a plan though, I'm not stupid...Well maybe a little bit crazy, but definitely not stupid. If we don't get inside right now then everything falls apart. My dad doesn't get rescued and on top of that, we probably get arrested, or worse.

The tour guide looks down to me. "This man isn't your father?"

"Of course not," I put on the most confident act that I can muster. "What? You've never heard of a babysitter? Or are you just being sexist because he's a man? You're really gonna discriminate against male babysitters? Make us miss our only trip we'll ever get in our whole life to see the inside of this amazing building just because you think any man traveling with a kid is a pedo?"

The lady in front of me stutters, choking on her own words. "I, oh no I didn't mean-You both go right ahead. I didn't intend to be rude. Please forgive me."