[7] You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it

We pull up quickly to the Hotel Royale, where diplomats from all over the world are coming to officially end the Vietnam war

We pull up quickly to the Hotel Royale, where diplomats from all over the world are coming to officially end the Vietnam war. We're here to put a stop to a different war though, one that hasn't yet begun.

As the car passes by the front entrance, I see what looks like thousands of people gathered outside. Some look happy, some sad, some scared. It really is a good thing that I have my cap on top of my head today. I don't do well with large crowds.

"That way," Hank says from my side. "We can get in from the back."

Logan nods and turns the car, eventually ending up in front of a few wobbly metal signs keeping unwanted people out.

Two police officers walk up to us, putting out their hands as a signal to stop. My dad just flicks his hand to the side though and a big metal gate throws them off into the distance. With just one more small movement, the metal signs fly out of the way and Logan drives into the garage.

Before I know it we're inside, rushing up stair cases and down long hallways. Finally we reach a set of double doors and Charles pushes them open. Reviled in front of us is Mystique, pointing her gun aggressively at a man I can only guess is Trask.

"Raven!" Charles yells, stopping her from pulling the trigger.

In her moment of distraction though, a man lying on the ground shoots some kind of taser at her and she collapses in pain.

"Raven? Raven!" Charles calls, running to her side.

My dad raises his hand and sends the tasing wires off of Raven and onto the man who fired them.

Raven looks up at Charles as if she almost believes she's living a dream. "Charles?"

"We've come for you," Charles smiles wide. "Erik and I, together."

"I-I never thought I'd see you again." She says.

Charles shakes his head. "I made you a promise a long time ago that I would protect you. And I didn't, and-and I..."

He keeps talking on and on but my attention gets drawn by Logan. It's hard to exactly put it into words but something seems...off about him.

"Logan?" I whisper to no response.

He doesn't even turn to look at me. No, he's too busy with something else. I follow his eyeline, down to the floor, down to a man, down to-

I stumble back, nearly falling to the ground. That face is one I'm cursed to never forget. One that seems to have imprinted itself into my mind.

"I-it's him," I sputter. "The one who...who..."

My voice is so quiet, not even a whisper. Still, it seems to be enough to slightly awaken Logan. He glances at me before looking back to the man. The man that's small pin can now allow me to give my nightmare a name...Stryker.