[5] We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, never to be undone

Peter and I sit on the ground, our backs against the motel door

Peter and I sit on the ground, our backs against the motel door. We didn't get kicked out of the room, we were just not so politely asked to wait outside, which is kinda the same thing.

"Dang they're loud." Peter laughs, referring to the shouts of my dad and Charles.

I nod. "They really seem to hate each other, don't they?"

"Yeah..." Peter trails off. "I kinda feel like there's some history there, you know?"

I hum in response and then try my best to shakily lift a rock sitting a few feet away from us.

"You were pretty cool back there," I say.

Peter grins. "I know right? That was awesome. And when you tricked all those guards..."

"Don't tease me for this but," I snicker, "it kinda felt like we were professionals. You know?"

"And by professionals, you mean superheroes." Peter says.

I shake my head. "Heroes, villains, it's all just based off of perspective."

"Well in my perspective, it seemed like we were superheroes." He says before his face lights up. "Hold on, I have an idea."

"Peter, we just broke my dad out of the pentagon," I smile. "We don't need to get into any more trouble with the law."

"No, this isn't illegal," he says. "At least I don't think it is."

I raise an eyebrow. "You're not exactly doing a great job of convincing me."

"Okay, okay. Just hear me out." He says. "We're superheroes, right? So we need superhero names."

I snort. "Superhero names? This isn't a comic book Peter."

"Oh, come on." He complains. "Tell me your dad doesn't have some awesome code name."

I open my mouth to say no when I'm struck with a realization. "I guess other mutants call him something sometimes."

"A mutant name then," Peter says. "We'll give each other mutant names."

I look to him. "And why would I let you name me?"

"So that no matter where we are, no matter what happens to us," Peter starts. "We'll always be reminded of each other. And besides, I already have the perfect name for you."

"Oh yeah?" I ask. "What?"

"Indigo."

I stare at him for a second, letting the word sit with me.

I sigh. "That's a lot less horrible than I thought it would be...but it doesn't make any sense. My powers have nothing to do with 'Indigo.'"

"Yes they do!" He says. "Your cap, it's indigo."

"My cap?"

He nods. "Yeah, just think about it. Your hat is the thing that makes you feel more in control. It helps you focus, helps you use your powers how you want to use them."