Survival of the Fittest

The Challenge: 
Take one character through a series of obstacles and experiences.
Write well, follow the rules, and (most importantly) SURVIVE!

The Rules:
1: Please only use one character from your book. This has to be the one you signed up with. Do not add any other of your character to the prompts until it's allowed
2: please stick to the prompt at all times and keep scenes suitable for all.
3: Mild language is accepted but no strong language, sex scenes, scenes of a sexual nature (including innuendo) , drug abuse, rape, murder or anything else unsuitable for younger readers
4: The judges results are final. If you're in that's brilliant. Well done. If you're out, you're out and we will not tolerate any arguments or drama
5: You will all be given a golden ticket. This is in the event of an emergency and you are unable to submit a scene for a round. You will only be given one. This will allow you to progress to the next round. However, this will cost you 5 points.
6: You will be given 5 days to complete the scene. Those who haven't completed it by the deadline given won't be given the next prompt until it has been completed. Those who have completed it will be given the next one early.
7: Write your best work and perfect your scenes. Use spellcheckers, grammar checkers, edit your own work before submitting it. Remember we are judging your writing, including spelling, grammar, consistency, etc.

My First Submission: 
I will be taking Mateo through this adventure. He is from my book "Mateo - A Magic of Consequence Prequel" which is a current work in progress. 

Let the contest begin!