working | john shelby

CW // smoking

Work was always a stressful thing, definitely when he comes home later than he promised.

A one shot:

Waiting for an hour now, way more than you expect. With a normal 15 minutes, you would have been fine with but this was too much for you. He promised to be home by 5 and it was now 6, you knew what he did and it mostly got late anyway but never any longer than an hour.

You started to worry more than you should, he could get hurt maybe even shot or killed if they had the chance. His family didn't know about the relationship that you two had so they wouldn't come to you to tell you that he had died. So you had to go to them or you would have to hear it the next morning when people on the street started to talk about it.

There was more stress than usual because of the trouble that the peaky blinders were getting themself in.

You had heard it from so many people of what was happening with them and how they even get themself in more trouble nowadays and it just scared you. You walked around the room, you had put the kids to bed already all of them, they listen to you most of the time you were their baby sister before you and John started to get feeling for each other. 

All the things you had said to John about stopping smoking and promising him it and everything you had broken now, you took out a cigarette and put it in too your mouth and took a deep breath from it after you lit it up. You were so worried that you went against it. 

You stood upstairs checking on the kids very fast until you heard a door open downstairs, you almost ran downstairs to get there. You wanted to know how it was and hoping it was John who finally got home from work. 

¨Im home, love¨ You heard him say and you ran to him in his arms crying because you missed him so much.