Told You

Cyndaris POV-

I woke to Bilbo shaking me,”Cyndaris! Wake up.” I sighed and sat up,”Im awake.” I looked around and saw none of the dwarves. “Where are they?” I asked getting hay out of my hair. “They are eating with the owner of the house, Beorn.”

I stood up,” So he is finally here…” I walked over to the dining room and picked up on some of the conversation. “I dislike dwarves...they are greedy…” I sighed, This isn’t going well “.....Of kinds they deem lesser than their own.”

I came in the room to see Beorn with a pitcher in his hands. “But orcs I hate more.” He then made eye contact with me. “Cyndaris..” He said slowly. I froze. He remembers… I shook my head.

“You know him Cyn?” Fili asked. I didn’t answer him. “Will you help us?” I asked, trying to avoid anything of my past. Beorn nodded. “What do you need?”

Thorin had got us ponies and me a horse. Gandalf made me ride beside him as he knew I would try and leave once we got to our next stop.

“I think the dwarves will do fine without me.”

“Nonsense. You signed the contract.”

I sighed,”Not to go back to him!”

“You signed it to get Thorin his home back, no matter what.”

“Gandalf, you do realize the elf is worse than Smaug, and much more scarier.”

“Well..”

I sighed as we came upon the elven gates of Mirkwood. “A sickness lies upon these woods.” I murmured. “Is there any way around?” One of the dwarves called out. “Not unless we go 200 miles north, or twice that distance south.” The dwarves grumbled in response.

“This is where I must take my leave.” Gandalf said turning around. That is why he wants me to stay I thought. “Stay on the path.” He said, getting on his horse and starting to ride away. I jumped off mine and the rest did too. “Grab your things...lets go.” I told them taking out my bow.

I was walking in the middle of the 13 dwarves, Thorin in front and Bilbo had climbed a tree to look out. The rest just seemed to be wandering.

“Look..there are dwarves in these woods.”

“That looks like my pouch.”

“QUIET!” Thorin yell,”We are being watched.”

Right as he said that 2 spiders came tumbling towards us. I felt a little dazed as I pulled an arrow back and shot one of its legs. I jumped back as a web tried to get me. I quickly grabbed another arrow and climbed the side of the nearest tree.

More of the spiders had come and had overpowered 3 of the dwarves, wrapping them in webs.  Do something! I screamed eternally, but as I aimed the arrow it slipped from my fingers. I heard a screech above me as a spider descended on me. Then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to a ripping sound. “Cyndaris!” It was Bilbo. “Bilbo? What happened?” I felt sticky stuff all on me. “Spiders, come on, help me get the others.” I took my dagger out of my pocket and continued to pull the spider web off me.

Once we had gotten all of the dwarves back and were on the ground, I found my bow and most of my arrows. “Thorin. We must keep going.” I told him, starting to walk. “Not so fast.” All of the sudden 5 different bows were pointed at my head.

There were about 20 others toward the dwarves, and Bilbo had disappeared. I sighed Told you GandalfI looked up to see a startling image of the King, I immediately pulled an arrow out of my quiver, pointing it at him. “Stay away from me.” I say in a low voice.

He straightened his,”Lower your weapons.” He sounded different. Thats when my eyes widened when I realized it wasn’t him. I lowered my bow,” Stand down.” I say to the dwarves,”If you know what’s good for you.” I could feel all their eyes on me.

~~~~~~~

(Normal POV)

After they had finished searching the dwarves and Cyndaris, they ushered them through the woods, with Bilbo following silently behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Tolkien!