The Breaking of A Promise

Flashback-

I layed in the floor of my room, dried tears on my face. I hadn't bother to even get on the bed when I retired for the night. Walking around The Greenwood (Mirkwood) just wasn't the same without Madlyn around, skippy around, giggling.

Thranduil would barely speak to me. He wasn't there for me. When he did come and check on me, he would just walk back out of the door when he saw me crying. He wasn't a help.

I needed to leave. I sniffled and picked myself off the ground and grabbed 2 black satchels and a herb pouch. I packed some of my leather armor and the food that I hadn't eaten that the maids had given me.

I turned to grab my sword, and when I touched it there was a very strong vibration to it. Oh no, Thranduil. I threw everything under my bed and stood in the middle of the room. Not long after the door slowly opened. Thranduil slipped in.

I looked away,"I see you've eaten." He stated, I glanced at my tray and nodded. "Are you feeling better?" He asked, not moving. "Yeah, I guess."

"My coronation is coming up I would like for you to attend." He said. "As you wish My Prince." I told him, he frowned as I called him that. This should be the time to ask if you could do something I mentally scolded him, but instead he just nodded and walked out.

"Or not." I spoke out loud to myself, as I went to go change (Picture on the side). I grabbed the satchels and my sword, which wasn't vibrating at all. One less Elleth to worry about.

I walked out to the balcony and grabbed the railing, swung my legs around, and jumped down into the forest.

Im sorry Madlyn, I'm breaking my promise.

(Cyndaris POV) Present-

I was standing before the King with my arms crossed. He was sitting on his throne with his legs crossed, his ring-covered fingers tracing the intricate lining on the throne.

"I will ask you again. Why are you with the dwarves?" He asked.

"Because I wished to be." I snapped back.

He looked down at his hand,"It seems odd that they would let an elleth join them." He stated.

"Well lets just say I made an impression."

He slightly nodded.

"Why did you leave?"

I stayed silent.

"Why did you leave?" He asked in more of a demanding tone, turning his icy gaze on me.

"Because of you." I choked out. He stood up and started walking down the stairs.

"You didn't help me, you left me in my room day after day to cry myself to sleep."

"I checked on you."

"You wouldn't come near me."

He didn't reply and kept walking towards me.

"Madlyn told me that I should be happy. And all I saw here was sadness. So I left." I turned my head from his gaze, so he wouldn't see the tear that started to fall down my face.

I felt a finger brush my chin and lift it up, and I closed my eyes as he wiped the tear off with his thumb. "I'm near you now."

I yanked my head away and fell to the ground.

I felt two strong arms pull me up and start taking me back to my room.

I laid down on the golden bed of my old room. I glanced at the balcony, I could escape the same way I did last time... but what about the dwarves? And Bilbo?

I gasped and sat up quickly as the doors swung open. "Cyndaris!" I heard, I looked around, nobody was there. "Hello?"

"Oh sorry!" All the sudden Bilbo appeared at the door, I stood up and ran over to him. "Oh my starlight! How did you do it?" He pulled out the keys,"The guards are transitioning, I believe you know your way around here correct?" I nodded.

"Great! Meet me at the Wine Cellar!" At once he disappeared again and I shook my head,"That hobbit is going to get himself in trouble, not saying he hasnt already." I looked around outside the door and quickly slipped away.