Dwarves, Men, and Elves.

Chapter 16

Cyndaris simply turned around, reaching out to open the flap of the tent.

"Where do you think you're going?" Thranduil asked.

"Where I want. It is not your concern nor your problem anymore King Thranduil."

"But it is precisely my problem, for we have an oncoming war with your Dwarven friends and I know you wish to return to them."

"I am no longer your Queen, I gave you no heir therefore I am not yours."

Silence.

"I'm going to see Bilbo, after all. His gift leaves me questioning his safety."

He let me leave with no words.

"Bilbo!" I called, and the hobbit's head poked out of a tent. "Here!"

"Oh Bilbo my friend, what have you done?" I asked as we sat on the makeshift cot. I smoothed his hair back and looked into his eyes.

"He was only going to get worse, I only wanted to prevent war Cyn." He replied.

"By risking your own life at the wrath of Thorin? Oh Bilbo," I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him. "Youre still going back aren't you?"

"I have too."

"Then let me tell you something my friend."

Kili, Fili, and Thorin's Deaths were still fresh in my mind.

"What is it?" Bilbo asked as he pulled away. "I have...seen a vision. Of this battle."

Bilbo's eyes widened. "What have you seen?"

"I saw... us. In the end. Walking together. With Gandalf. Together towards the Shire. Like we always said. When we arrive, at Four. We will make tea. Because Tea is always...at four."

We smiled at each other as he left the tent, in pursuit to the Mountain. I slept on the cot.

He was angry. He made me stay in Dale.

I wasn't worried. I had another plan.

"Gandalf!" I called to the Wizard, he positioned his staff to turn around. "We must aid Bilbo. Death is certain for him if we don't!"

And so we went, through the Elven army. I heard whispers from the warriors as they parted to let us through,"My lady."

This made me wince, and very uncomfortable. I only snapped out of my trance when Gandalf's voice boomed loud,"If you do not like my Burglar, dont damage him! Please return him to me!"

As we made our way to the front of the line, past Bard and Thranduil, I got a good look at the scene that had been playing before we arrived.

Thorin stared at the two of us with wide eyes, I could sense the greed in his eyes... It made me pity the dwarves who were stuck dealing with their mad King.

Everything was silent except for the buzzing of my sword, which was do to being feet away from the king. Gandalf had given me time to grab another sword, but I knew I needed this one.

"You're not making a very splendid figure of this 'King Under The Mountain' are you.... Thorin son of Thrain?"

The previously mentioned 'King' let go of Bilbo, who ran straight for a dangling rope, making his way down to us.

"Never again will I deal with Wizards! Or Shire rats!"

"My King-" I started, my voice ringing out over the landscape.

"Nor will I work with an elf, who calls a dwarf her King, you work for only one person and that is your betrothed."

My mouth opened, but I knew no words to come out.

"Are we resolved?" Bard input. He could sense the discomfort and astonishment that was my auroma. "The return of the Arkenstone for what was promised?"

Thorin's eyes flickered to the hill, and I heard faint clank of steel and boots.

I gasped as my vision flickered.

Dwarves, racks of them moving quick pace towards their targets, they stacked their shields at the foe, what was clear were the elves, gliding above and lunging at the dark.

I shook my head, holding it as the clank got louder. Someone was tugging me forward. Thats when I realized we were facing the valley, so Bilbo and Gandalf pushed me forward to the front of that angle.

"Who is that? He doesnt look very happy." Bilbo asked when we caught up to Gandalf.

My headache stopped but worry followed when he replied,"It is the Lord Of The Iron Hills, Thorin's cousin.

The clank stopped and I lifted my head to fully view the dwarves from my vision.

"Are they alike?" I questioned.

"I always found Thorin the more reasonable of the two."

Yikes.

When the three armies finally got situated and it was quiet, The Lord asked,"Good Morning, How are we all?"

When no one answered, he continued. "I have a wee proposition. If you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of yer time."

He started shouting threats, making the elves draw their swords and mine buzz greater, Bard shouted at the Men who were backing up in a battle stance.

"Come now, Lord Dain," Gandalf stood ahead as me and Bilbo stayed at the front in between the elven warriors and Men.

"Gandalf the Grey."

In response, The Wizard bowed slightly.

"Tell this rubble to leave, or ill water the ground with their blood!"

I reached for the hilt of my sword, laying a hand on Bilbo's shoulder. I had no intention in hurting The King's cousin or his warriors, but I wouldn't fight my kin either. I could sense Bilbo felt the same way.

"There is no need for war against Dwarves, Elves and Men." Gandalf answered.

"But orc is a different story." I muttered under my breath.

"A legion of Orcs march on the mountain."

I started making my way through the Men and up beside Gandalf. "Stand your army down."

"I will not stand down before any elf....Well this is a mighty surprise. Princess Cyndaris, its been a while."

I leaned my head down,"M'Lord."

"What are you doing back with this leafling of a King?" He asked, his hammer motioning towards Thranduil. I shook my head,"I am not my lord."

"Then you wouldn't mind me splitting his pretty head open, he is a faithless woodland sprite. He wishes nothing but ill upon my people, and now he wants to stand in the way of me and my Kin, we'll see if he's still smirking then."

My looked back with a low head, as the dwarves in the mountain cheered.

"Hes clearly mad, like his cousin!" The Woodland King called. "You hear that lass? Lets give these bastards a good hammering!"

"No... Gandalf!" I said,"We have to stop this!"

"It already is..." He turned Right and stared, so I did too. All around us three Races were getting ready for battle, when rumbling started to sound, sending everyone else in the direction me and Gandalf were already looking in. "Wereworms..."

"No Gandalf the couldn't..." Then three sprouted from the ground.
"Oh Come on..." Dain called. I motioned for Bilbo. who had his sword out.

_______________________________

All rights to Tolkien and the owner of the pictures! I only own my added ideas!

~~Shadexx