The Last Goodbye

Alright folks, This is basically Part 1. The End of it. But Don't worry, There is a Part 2, luckily not having to follow a movie story line that much so....
All the Bold and Italicized sections are from the song, which I'm sure you are familiar with, The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd (Pippin) which is featured at the end of BoTFA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ir8rVl2Z4 
I suggest listening to it as you read.
Each part that is separated by the song is everything Cyndaris experiences during the battle and right after. Obviously leading into the hopefully better written, backstory filled, more romantic sequel. 
Please understand I sat down at my computer for 14 hours watching and pausing BoTFA so if some part are iffy, I was trying to finish it faster >.< Alright, now read.

Chapter 17

I saw the light fade from the sky

On the wind I heard a sigh

As the snowflakes cover

My fallen brothers

I will say this last goodbye

I looked back, as the Elven Army stood still. "Are they not going to fight?" Bilbo asked. I shook my head and made eye contact with Thranduil.

You will fight, for Middle Earth.

I didn't wait for a response before turning away and drawing my sword, I heard Gandalf yell,"Thranduil! This is madness!"

As we stood in the midst of angry fisherman, Bilbo glued his eyes on the scene in front of us. The elves had jumped in front of the dwarf barricade, to fight the orcs.

"Uh...Cyndaris...is this a good place to stand?" Bilbo asked. I laughed and leaned down,"I will protect you, friend."

When I stood Gandalf was next to me. "Dale..." He muttered,"The city?"

"Azogg..hes trying to cut us off. To the city! Move!"

As I turned and saw a last glimpse of Thranduil fighting his way through the crowd,"Stay alive..."

Night is now falling

So ends this day

The road is now calling

And I must away

As I ran through the city, I caught up to two orcs who were chasing Sigrid and Tilda. "Girls!" I called, aiming my fainting glowing sword for the one in the back, who was now set on a different target. I easily lopped off its head to come face to face with Bain.

"Cyn!" Sigrid called.

"Bain, Tilda, Sigrid. Come with me your father is looking for you-"

I was cut off when Tilda looked up and started to scream "DA!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Bard, with a scared expression. Then children screams in my ear,"Bard! Quick!" I called when I saw the beast.

I rounded so I was in front of the beast with my sword,"Get down!" I heard, turning, sitting on a wagon riding down to us was their father.

I pushed them rather roughly into the snow and dropped. He just barely missed us but hit his target well planned on the spot.

I helped the girls stand and Bard ushered us up a hill to, before stopped and telling his children,"Listen, gather the women and children take them to the great hall, barricade the door." He took Dain's sword,"Do you understand? You must not come out for any reason."