The King

The Room Is on the side

Flashback (Continued)-

I was about 25 feet away from Madlyn, hundreds of orcs between us. I was fighting through her way with ease, and she did have a problem because she had her bow in hand, and two floating swords on her side, moving on their own.

All I could hear was the screaming of our enemies, and the roar of the Serpents above us.

I reached her, we fought side by side, "You shouldn't be using your powers Madlyn! They will weaken you!" I yelled, loud enough for her to hear me.

"I am fine, sister." She replied, killing 2 more orcs with her bow, but when I glanced at her face, I could see it in her eyes.

There was a loud roar up ahead, and I strained to get a chance to look up because of the 3 orcs I was fighting off. One of the floating swords assisted me and I got a chance to look up.

A serpent was flying straight towards Madlyn and I. "Madlyn!" I yelled, but she had already seen it. "Get out of the way!" She screamed. "I am not leaving you!" I yelled back. She grunted and used the blunt end of her floating sword to hit me that I flew back into a pile of dead orcs.

There was just enough clearness to see the fire burn down on my sister, as well as feel it.

"Madlyn!" I screamed.

I fought my way to her, all the land that surrounded her was burnt and black. I landed ungracefully on my knees beside her, leaning down.

Her eyes were glazed and shining, her breathing shallow, and her swords had dropped. Her mouth moved up and down, but no words came. After a moment she turned and looked at me with a smile, she raised her hand to my cheek, and my hand flew up to hers.

"I-I see you...Happy....Alive....Well...." She paused, my vision blurred from tears. "With....Thranduil...." I choked out a kind of laugh. "If this is what you believe." I told her. She averted her gaze. "You will be h-happy, but not easy.." She looked back at me now, her smile was gone and her light almost out. "Promise me you will not give up on your happiness." I nodded,"I promise sister." She smiled, I could feel the pressure in her hand cease. "NO!" I cried out, leaning over Madlyn's body.

"Cyndaris!" I heard faintly behind me, over the wind and cries. I didn't look up.

I felt an arm around my waist and lift me up. "NO! LEAVE ME! I WANT TO STAY!" I struggled. "You will get killed!" The voice said, swinging me up and I landed on something soft, guessing it was a horse. I opened my eyes and saw the antlers of a stag. Thranduil's stag.

Cyndaris POV-

I hid in the back corner of my cell when I heard footsteps descending to the dungeon. I felt a rush of relief when they passed by my cell, and to Thorin's. They must want to know about the quest. But surely they would be smarter to know he won't tell. I was lost in thought I hadn't noticed two more elves come and unlock the door to my cell. "I have no information for your King." I spoke out. "Silence Elleth." One with dark red hair replied and yank me up towards the door, I put my head down as we walked up the stairs to the throne.

Oh how much I wished I had my cape.  I thought to myself as I saw Thorin standing before the one person I did not want to face. The King.

He didn't even look up as the guards stood me next to Thorin. "Some say a noble quest is at hand. A quest to reclaim a homeland. Slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more prosaic approach. Attempted burglary of something of that." Thranduil starts.

"I for one am not surprised." I mumble, if Thranduil heard me he did not comment, but I looked up to see Thorin's grin.

The King was standing behind us, we were back to back. Only if I had a dagger.