CHAPTER 04

Reminder:
Always expect po na may wrong grammars, grmmatical errors and typographical errors sa istoryang ito. I'm still working on it so please bear with me.

Thank you!

CHAPTER 04

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"Where are they?"

The maid shivered in fear after seeing the young lady's tyrannical expression and tone. While trembling, she guided her into the outside of manor. Irva was left to prepare for Clover's breakfast and Devien followed her as Clover went outside, clenching her fist tightly. Pumunta sila sa may likuran ng asyenda kung saan naroon ang mga dating kasambahay.

Nakita nila ang mga itong nakapalibot at sinisigawan ang nakadapang si Fatima, punong-puno ng galos. Tatlo silang pinagtutulungan ito. "That's what you deserve for being a stubborn! We've only asked you to do things for us and yet you dared to refuse―how dare you!" one of the new maid yelled and kick her stomach roughly, causing Fatima to groan and cry in pain.

"Enough already! The Lady Rouge is here!" They all flinched and immediately turned to meet Clover, who's been currently silent, lips were tightly shut and expression was completely dark. "M-Milady! W-What brings you here?"

"L-Lady―Lady Rouge! We only took a proper lesson for her since she had made a huge mistake, and the duke involved us with her."

Clover crossed her arms and with a firm tone, she spoke while glaring at them deeply, "And what, may I ask, her mistake for all of you to act like this?"

"She robbed the Duke, lady! She took the jewelries!" Tumango-tango si Clover, animong naiintindihan ang pinupunto ng mga bagong kasambahay dahilan para magkaroon ng pag-asa ang mga itong mapapaniwala nila ang dalaga. Ngunit mali ang kanilang akala, ilang sandali pa ay sumilay ang ngisi sa labi ni Clover at pagak na natawa. Kapansin-pansin rin ang pagtulak ng dila nito sa loob ng kaniyang pisngi.

"You're saying she robbed the jewelries from my father yet what I heard from one of you earlier was clearly different," ani niya, tumaas pa ang tono nang banggitin ang huling salita. Natuod ang ilan sa kanila. Muli itong nagsalita sa striktong paraan, "All of you had just been hired in a short period of time and yet you're already showing your disgusting personalities. If that's how you behave on this very first day of your work, then it's better to fire all of you on the same day as well, don't you think?"

"N-No! Please Milady! I am the only one who could support my whole family, if I lose this job, I―"

"E, 'di sana inisip mo 'yan bago kayo gumawa ng gulo rito!"sigaw niya, may bahid na ng kulay pula ang rosas nitong mata. All of the rest went confused by that sudden change of language. However, they could sense by how she shouted that she was completely angry for what they had done. The new maids lowered their heads, while trying to calm their nervousness.

"Repent for what you did and never do it again. If I find out that all of you repeated this kind of behavior..." They all looked up to see the young lady's face, only to quiver in fear as they saw her threatening expression, narrowing and looking at them as if they were inferior beings, "you know what will happen next."

Clover went back to normal and sighed deeply, "Now go away." Dali-dali namang umalis ang mga bagong maid, may ilan pang nawalan ng balanse sa kakamadali, dahil sa nanginginig nilang tuhod. Kilala si Rouge bilang isang binibining hindi alam ang salitang 'awa', pasalamat na lang sila dahil pinagbigyan pa sila ni Clover. Kung ang totoong Rouge lang ang narito, ay baka ngayon pa lang ay wala na agad silang trabaho.

Nilapitan ni Clover si Fatima na kasalukuyang nakaupo sa lapag. Napansin naman ni Fatima ang paglapit nito. "Lady Rouge..?"

Clover squatted to level up her and peered to her face. "Let's aid you first before explaining to me." Maingat niya itong hinawakan sa kabilang braso at tinulungang tumayo saka tinulungang ayusin ang gusot-gusot at maruming damit. Bigla niya tuloy ang kaniyang kuya dati, lagi itong binu-bully ng mga naging kalaro ng kuya niya dati dahil sa pagiging bakla. Edad nuebe pa lang siya n'on at ang kuya niya ay onse. Lagi niya itong pinagtatanggol sa mga kumukutyaw dito, mabuti na lang at pagkatungtong nito sa edad katorse ay natutong lumaban sa sarili.

Tsk, anong problema sa pagiging bakla? Pasalamat sila hindi pa ako natutong manuntok noon eh.

Samantala, si Devien ay taimtim siyang tinititigan. Binabasa ang bawat reaksyon, kilos at mukha. Pero isa lang ang nababasa niya, tunay itong nagmamalasakit at nag-aalala sa dalaga. Dahilan para siya'y mapakunot-noo. Ibang-iba ang nakikita niya mula sa sabi-sabi. This made him confuse towards Callahan. Pero hindi niya rin maiwasang magtaka kung may pinaplano ba si Rouge.

Just what is she planning? Is she just pretending?

"Milady, do you want me to call a physician for her?"the maid said, the one who told Clover about the ruckus earlier. Clover looked back to her, "Yes please. Thanks!" Fatima widened her eyes and parted her mouth slightly before shaking her head aggressively.

"N-No, Milady! This is nothing, really! I'm fine, y-you don't need to―"

"Nothing? Fine? Look at you, you're not fine, Fatima! Whether you like it or not, you'll consult to a physician."

"But―"

"No buts!"

-

After Fatima was aid by the physician, she had told everything to Clover. She wasn't trying to steal anything from the Duke, but the new maids does. They actually went as maids, just so they could get free access inside of their manor and steal the Declan's wealth. And in order for them to be not taken as possible suspects, they tried to persuade her to do it for them instead. She said they reached out for her as she was about to step outside of the manor. Of course, Fatima refused and threatened them that she will tell it to the Duke. The new maids kept forcing her to do it, until they snapped and get pissed at her.

Clover clenched her fist after knowing about it. Pinabantay muna siya kay Devien at pumunta sa kung saan sila posibleng pumunta. Pinapunta niya rin ang ilang kabalyero para mahuli sila. She found them in a room where there are a lot of jewelries. Naghahalungkat sila ng mga gamit at nilalagay sa purse na dala nila. Clover told the knights to stay quiet while going inside, sinunod naman siya ng mga ito. Matapos nilang ilagay ang mga mamahaling gamit sa purse ay lumingon na sila at akmang lalabas ng pinto, only to found Clover standing in the door while crossing her arms. "Going somewhere?"

Nilingon nila ang paligid at may mga nakapalibot nang mga kabalyero na huhuli sa kanila. In the end, they were held in prison for robbing the Duke's manor. Nang malaman nito ang Duke, imbis na matuwa sa ginawa ni Clover ay nagalit pa ito at sinermunan siya. "You shouldn't have moved on your own!" Pero binalewala lamang siya ni Clover at tumungo kila Devien at Fatima.

And now, currently, Devien was practicing swordsmanship while Clover was sitting near, boredly watching him. Napangisi si Clover nang may pumasok na magandang ideya sa kaniyang isipan, o sabihin na nating, isang kalokohan na ideya. She's thinking of challenging him. She smiled devilishly while massaging her chin, Devien on the other hand, could feel her mischievous intent and her gaze towards him. He couldn't help but be cautious.

What is she planning to do now?

Hinintay ni Clover na matapos ito at ngayon ay kasalukuyang nagpapahinga. She went towards him, hands were on her back. Devien flinched and looked at her with a stoic expression. "Milady, is something the matter?"

Ngumiti ito nang labas ang ngipin, "You will be my bodyguard, right?"

Nagtataka man ay sumagot ito. "Yes, my lady." Saglit ngumiwi si Clover dahil sa pagtawag nito sa kaniya. Hindi siya sanay sa pormalan, palibhasa lahat ng nakakasama ay tratong tropa at kapwa hampas lupa.

"I'm going to challenge you,"matapang niyang sabi, nakataas ang noo. Kumunot ang noo ni Devien dahil doon. "A challenge?"

Clover nodded, "Yup! I cannot accept everyone that easily, you know? Challenging a new bodyguard has been a traditional ever since I was young." Devien raised his brows, as he made a little research about the Declan's dukedom due to him being curious about her, the Duke never hired a personal knight or bodyguard once for her daughter. Since her daughter told him not to.

"But, Milady, your father never hired a personal knight before. I am your first knight," he said while his hands were placed on his waist, Clover went stilled because of that and blink several times.

Shit, dude. Malay ko ba, wala namang sinabi 'yung nobela tungkol doon!

Napapikit siya ng mariin at dumilat muli, saka pumeke ng ubo. "T-Then, this will be the first challenge!" she clenched her fist, cursing herself for stuttering.

"Alright, what challenge?" he asked while arching an eyebrow. "We're going to play S.O.S game!"she exclaimed, enthusiastically. Her eyes burning in flames, fist clenching and smiling greatly. With that face she was making, he strangely couldn't say no at all.

"S.O.S...?"mahinang sambit niya habang nawiwirdohang tumingin sa mata nito, gusto niyang isipin na pinagkakatuwaan lamang siya ng babae ngunit base sa mata nito punong-puno ng emosyon, mukhang hindi ito nagbibiro.

"Uh-huh," Clover nodded constantly, and from her excited lovely smile turned into a maniac and devil one. As if she was planning something.

Hah! Ako kaya madalas nananalo sa S.O.S! Ang larong ito ay sobrang simple lang para sa akin. Basic!

Devien unconsciously gulped seeing her smile.

I think Callahan set me up with a weird lady one.