4. BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES OF BLOOD

Heya, people...

How are you all?

Wish you all A VERY HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!

Before we start, one question.

Describe your best friend. It can silly or sweet, naughty or neat.

Enjoy reading!! And keep commenting!!!

Manik sat beside Shreya with the sweetest smile he can plaster on his face. Shreya was over excited to meet him as she heard so many tales about him, his wealth and power. He could give her a re-birth in the fashion world. All she had to do was some quick and smart acting, to fit the image of the model he had in his mind.

Half an hour ago, she had come to the city's most famous mall to flaunt herself and her clothes, along with adding some to her already huge closet where she 'accidentally' stumbled upon Manik Malhotra.

He apologised and was about to leave when he recognized her as a model and enquired if she was interested to appear in the fashion show for the latest collection of his fashion house 'MAITHRI' to which she gladly agreed. She was thankful to the 'accident'.

Now, they were sitting in the food court on her insistence of giving him a treat. Manik felt suffocated with her continuous blabber and sickly sweet smile. But, she is his only key to enter into the Basu empire without being discrete and he would do nothing to spoil it.

He smiled at her as she continued to boast about her non existent achievements.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Vishesh Murthy sat on his rocking chair in his study. He wanted solitude. His life was simple. He belonged to an upper middle class family who owned a large wholesale store in Pune.

His life was like any normal boy... waking up at his mother's loud scream, hurrying to school yet getting late, pranking his friends and teachers, playing in the ground adjacent to his home till his mother forcefully dragged him away, then again going to bed. Easy.

But, he was never the same after he met his then enemy who went on to become his bestest friend.

Anurag Basu. His best friend for life.

Vishesh's parents had planned to shift to Mumbai for expanding the business. Anurag's parents came to Mumbai for the same, only difference being they already had an established business.

Anurag was his first friend in Mumbai. Though they started on a wrong footing because of a petty fight which was a serious issue for them then, but later, they just clicked. From then, there was no looking back. Their friendship was more of brotherhood and many admired as well as envied them.

Anurag was very unique. He was a genius even as a child. His thought, his vision, his strategy... everything was different. Vishesh even called him 'handsome einstein' and Anurag would laugh at it.

He still remembers the day that Anurag was to fly abroad for his masters.

Vishesh stood with a fallen face as Anurag bid bye to his mother and sisters. Their other friends were trying to cheer him up even though they themselves were sad.

Anurag came upto Vishesh with his charming smile. A smile which cannot go unreciprocated and Vishesh smiled as well. A small one but nonetheless, it was there.

"Why is my best friend sad?", he asked in his ever so gentle tone. "He is sad because his best friend is leaving him", came Vishesh's reply.