5. STEP ONE

Guys, your response is very disheartening to all of the stories.

I try so much to give you the best but I find your side falling short of the encouragement.

I always say your comments would give me ideas. Don't just vote (to which also I'm thankful), please COMMENT so that I get to know what you all feel about things.

Anyway, I hope you all actively respond this time. This is the reason I ask questions at the end. To know!

Enjoy reading!!

ALSO, DO FOLLOW PARTH'S ACCOUNT ON INSTA.
"parthsocialcurrency"

All she could feel was suffocation....

The flames rose high with each passing second....

She felt trapped..... she was actually trapped.

She tried to run from her place which was slowly being engulfed in fire.

She wanted to run to safety, but she couldn't leave them behind.

And then, she prayed. Prayed for help. Prayed for mercy for her family.

As the curtains behind her caught fire, she found herself being lifted and dragged out of the place.

But, she tried to escape the hold. She wanted them to come along. She couldn't leave them.

Please help! Her loud baby voice was snubbed under the screams.

Nandini woke up with a start. She was sweating and she turned around to see her mother looking at her, with concern.

What happened, bacche? You were sweating and lashing your arms and feet? Are you okay? She asked not able to bear her silence.

Nandini looked at her blankly as if trying to absorb the reality and gave her mother a slight nod.

Bad dream. She mumbled but Sunaina heard it.

About Chachu? Sunaina asked softly.

Nandini chose not to answer.

To her surprise, Sunaina smiled which made Nandini curious. Sunaina, noticing her daughter's gaze on her, spoke It's just that I'm not surprised. You know Nandu, me and Vishesh have a great bond..... we were so much in love. He treated me like a princess, pampering me all the time and making me feel on top of the world. I thought I was always his first priority.

She found Nandini paying rapt attention. It was the first time Nandini was hearing something about her parents and their relationship. It was not like they never spoke, but she was too busy distancing herself from them.

But, I was wrong. Though he would always be there for me, I noticed he would walk away after 6 in the evening, stating some urgent work. He would be uncaring on certain days, not bothering to show his face to me. He would show up with droopy, red eyes but not talk about it. After sometime, I got irritated with his behaviour and confronted him after following him one day, ending up in some kind of forest. I accused him of not giving me time and somehow cheating on me.

That was when I saw your Chachu.

Nandini's eyes just lit up at his mention. Sunaina smiled faintly at the similarity between the father-daughter.