3. BFF?

I was in a serious mood to write something and don't know when I ended up writing the update.

The initial chapters, as usual, would only introduce and give a glimpse of the story.

Also, I'm very disappointed with the nil.comments thingy. Demotivated me so much.

This is a very long chapter. Longest in all till now. So, I wx9ect comments please.

I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE SAFE WITH MASKS ON AND VACCINATION DONE.

STAY SAFE!

Enjoy reading!

P.s. Character sketch would be up soon.

Manik went back to his car and settled down in passenger seat, as Anupam passed him a water bottle. As the water travelled down his throat, it calmed both his body and mind. The Basus were easy, not the Murthys. The pain on their faces constricted his heart. But he knew, it was needed. He immediately dialled a number from his phone. After two rings, the call was received.

"What the hell was Nandini Murthy doing in the meeting when I specifically mentioned that she shouldn't be in 5 kms radius of the office?", he shouted into the device.

"Manik, it was a last minute decision by Adarsh Sir. He called her up an hour before the meeting, asking her to join them as she is also a director. She took her Dadi's position a month ago and we didn't have any info regarding it", was the calm reply he got.

He tried to compose himself and cut the call immediately, messaging the person a sorry. Nandini Murthy's presence today would definitely deter his plan. He had to work out a new sketch. He held his head.

In all this, Anupam sat quietly. He didn't want Nandini to know about Manik either. But who can go against entwined fate? A small smile adorned his face as he thought about her. The lively, bubbly kid he once knew. The happiness of his sister's family. He missed that 'chulbuli' today. Nonetheless, he would meet her soon.

His thoughts were broken by Manik. "Mamu, now that you know the matter, we need a change of plan. We can confuse anyone here but not Nandini Murthy. Woh shatir hain, Mamu and we are not in any position to take the risk", Manik said in a single breathe.

"I did give you an idea, Manik, when you mentioned about 'chulbuli'. You denied it", Anupam said casually, shrugging.

"No, Mamu.. she's shouldn't get even a whiff about us. Unfortunately, my 'informer' is very lazy and inefficient. That idiot damaged enough. Let me call him. Incompetent fool", Manik abused his informer.

"Who are you showing your fake anger to, bhanje? I know you and your best friend too well. Zyada se zyada tum use do char baathe suna doge. That's it and it gets back to 'yeh Dosti.... hum nahi todenge....'. Am I right?", Anupam teased.

Manik glared at him for knowing him so well to which he laughed. "Isi baath ka advantage leraha hai wo. I'll not leave him today, Mamu. Wait and watch", he said angrily and Anupam laughed.