1. HIM AND HER

So, how are you this weekend?

We have a new vaccine that is proving clinically effective.

It does give all of us some hope that things would get better. So, we shall try amd do our bit.

● Stay home unless it is damn necessary to go out.

● Avoid crowd. Crowd meansmultiple spread of infection.

● Most important thing is never step out of your homes without mouth mask. It is a first line of defence against the infection.

Remember, we are in this together and we'll make it out of this. Just take care all of you!

Coming back to the the story, this is my first drafted MaNan ff, but the posting got delayed.

Here I'm.... finally posting the first chapter. I really hope you all like it

Enjoy reading and DO COMMENT!

"Chodo mere baba ko. Leave him", a twelve year old boy kept pushing and jerking his hands that held him in a grip. His mother lay on the ground with a bleeding head helpless, at the verge of dying, seeing the family she fought for so long, break and slowly inch towards destruction. She couldn't see her son in the same state as she did for nine years of his life. She just wished death to come earlier.

His father was at a bulky man's gun point, bleeding heavily from numerous areas. The boy wanted to save his family anyhow. He got his family back after so much planning and plotting and here, his family was shattering in front of his eyes. He cried in despair and agony. He attempted to bite the hand that was holding him from helping his father, but all in vain. His struggle of nine full years seemed worthless, if he couldn't be of use today.

He looked at his father, who for the first time had fear in his eyes, not for himself but for his family. A family he protected with his every breath. A wife he almost put his life at stake for. A child who matured before his age due to the dark side of his cruel world. He couldn't push his son into darkness again. He vowed to protect him and love him. He saw his downfall and death before his eyes, but he couldn't see the defeat and hopelessness in his brave son's eyes.

It was then that he decided to fight, even when he knew the odds were stacked against him. He knew today was his last breathing day on Earth, but he wanted to be remembered a courageous man that he had always been rather than a coward who gave up without a fight. He had to rescue his son, whose life would be sacrificed next in this power battle.

He had to secure his son's future. He jerked his shoulder to the hand of the bulky man making the gun go off. "Baba..."

"Baba...!", Manik woke up startled with a vision that had haunted him for years. He was drenched in sweat and too much shaken to even wipe it off. Anupam Sengupta walked into room with his regular adrak chai and Manik's black coffee.

"Again?", he asked concerned. Manik turned his head to the other side, not wanting to make his Mamu (maternal uncle) worried yet again. He definitely didn't want his Mamu to dissuade him from his mission.

Anupam sighed before settling beside his bhanja (nephew), while Manik put his head on his shoulder. They have only each other in this vengeful world and are very protective about each other.

"You can still take time, Manu. Nothing matters to me than your safety. If I have to forego this mission to keep you secure, then I would do it in a blink", he said stern enough for Manik to understand that he really meant what he said.