chapter one

chapter onemount weather

chapter one
mount weather

"Be a part of the love club.
Everything will glow for you."

********

With every step the figure took towards her, Vita took one step back, attempting to keep a safe distance. This wasn't heaven. Deep down she knew she wasn't safe. She would never be. Her back was about to hit the spotless wall when she finally found the courage to speak up. "Who are you?" she asked, her voice shaking.

Unbeknownst to Vita the stranger was just as afraid as she was. A certain blonde played a big part in that. "Maya," she answered quietly. Her voice was kind and gentle. So far it was the only warm thing that Vita had come across in the facility. "I'm...we mean no harm to you and your people," she added uncertainly, still fearing that the brunette would attack her like Clarke did before her.

The girl breathed out a sigh of relief. She wasn't alone. Her family was here too. Raven. Octavia. Clarke. Monty. Jasper. Harper. Finn. Sterling. Bellamy.

Were they all here or were some of them still wandering around in the woods? And where exactly was here? Millions of questions raced through her mind. Questions she was about to bombard the other girl with when an old man (probably in his late sixties) entered the room.

Different from the girl he seemed neither kind nor trustworthy. He wore an expensive-looking suit, indicating that he was of higher rank. The girl, Maya, only confirmed the brunette's theory, when she politely addressed him as "Mr. President." A courtesy Vita chose to ignore. Instead she immediately directed her questions at him.

"Where am I? And where are the others?" she demanded, looking directly into his eyes. She herself didn't know when she became this bold, especially when she was so intimidated by Maya just mere minutes ago. Maybe it was the adrenaline rushing through her veins or the fact that she could actually see the man's face. Or it were his hands, stained with oil paint, that reminded her of Clarke.

"You've spent too much time with the savages I take," he calmly spoke, referring to her lack of manners. But she didn't care about his rude remark, she just continued to stare him down. "I'm President Dante Wallace and I welcome you to our home, Mount Weather," he told her as he extended his paint stained hand. Reluctantly, the girl shook it.

'Mount Weather' they had finally arrived there. It was where they were supposed to be for weeks now. The destination on the other mountain, the mountain behind the radiation soaked forest. On their first day on earth, Vita wanted to go to Mount Weather alongside Aspen, Clarke, Finn, Octavia, Monty and Jasper to collect some food for the hundred. However their expedition was cut short by Jasper being hit by a spear. That day Vita made five new friends and saved the boy's life.