4. blonde hair and moles

Jake didn't realise it when Sunghoon came back to the dorm. But now, the sunlight poured in through the window, illuminating the room with a soft, morning glow. It looked more or less whitish, so Jake assumed it was either a sunny day, or he had overslept. Rubbing his colour-spangled eyes, the brunette looked around. The other boy was deeply asleep in the bed next to his, his chest heaving up and down steadily, eyes closed. Jake felt a sort of calmness, knowing he wasn't alone. But yet, an uneasiness took over him. He knew that his roommate didn't particularly like him, and the reasons remained unknown to him. Jake wanted to ask Sunghoon about his fault, but yet, he was too scared. He didn't want to admit it, but the mentioned male was the source of his insecurity in this school.

Brushing his thoughts away, he stretched his limbs, making his way to the bathroom where he had cried the night before. Upon reaching, he looked in the mirror. His eyes were still puffy — only slightly, though. The overall redness and heat had washed off and would be fully gone once Jake had freshened up. He had time; it was a Saturday.

Just as the said male was done with his morning routine, Sunghoon had (painfully) woken up. Jake knew when he heard the boy fall off of the bed. Leaving the washed toothbrush in its holder, he ran to Sunghoon's bed.

"Sunghoon! Are you okay?"

"Hmm?" the raven replied drowsily.

"No, are you hurt? You just fell off the bed," Jake said, wide-eyed.

"Yeah I'm okay," Sunghoon replied, hoisting himself off the floor, picking up his blanket with him."Wanna go get breakfast together?" The raven asked, a minuscule hint of hostility in his tone, but the genuine kindness still prevailed.

"Yeah, sure," Jake replied.

"Why are you still in your uniform?"

"Oh... I don't know, I just crashed last night. I'll go change," jake said.

"No, I'm going to the bathroom now, just change here.

"Go get ready, we'll go eat. I'm starving," Jake said, chuckling only slightly. Sunghoon nodded in response, walking to the bathroom.

Did they just make friendly interaction?

---

Sunghoon and Jake were now seated in the cafeteria, both buried deep in their bowls of cereal. Saturdays were chill that way. Everyone got to eat what they wanted, wake up whenever, and do whatever. Just anything within the school boundaries.

"Hey Jake," A familiar voice said from behind the raven.

"Oh, hi Jay!" Jake said through a mouthful of cereal and milk.

"Hello Jay," Sunghoon said as Jay put an arm around his shoulder.

"Is this occupied, or..."

"No, no, please join us," Jake smiled. Jay walked around the table and sat next to the brunette. He put one leg over the bench, then swung his other one over too, so he was sitting comfortably facing Sunghoon.

"Where's Jungwon?" the raven asked, drinking up the milk left in his bowl.

"Asleep," Jay said as he looked at the floor, blushing only slightly.

"This late? It's 10:15," Jake asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"You don't know Jungwon. He sleeps like a pig," the blonde laughed.

"I'm telling him you said that!" Sunghoon giggled.

"Hey!" Jay laughed, swatting at Sunghoon's arm.

"Anyway, I'm done with breakfast, so once Jungwon wakes up, you guys wanna hang out? We can play some games and stuff."

"Sounds cool," Jake said, also drinking the last drops of milk from his bowl, wiping his mouth after. Sunghoon nodded as well.

"Great, I'll go wake up the little pig then," Jay laughed as he got up from the bench.

"I'm still telling on you!" Sunghoon called out playfully to Jay who shook his head on his way.

---

"Should we play something?" Jungwon asked, still a little drowsy.

"I guess?" Jake responded. They were all sitting on the floor of Jungwon and Jay's room, wondering what to do.

"What games do y'all know?" Jay asked around.

"I mean there's the classic truth or dare, or Chinese whispers..."

A long time went into deciding what they would play but talking about Jake and Sunghoon, the atmosphere had barely any signs of hate or discomfort. But Sunghoon still latched onto one fact that clouded his view of Jake. He didn't mean to, but he did, nevertheless.

Jake, Jay, Jungwon and Sunghoon played for a bit, then got bored and talked. Jake was now comfortable with Jay and Jungwon but still kept his guard up around his roommate.

--

I think we should get going now, we'll catch up for lunch?" Sunghoon suggested politely.

"Sure, you guys go ahead."

Just as the two were going to leave the room, there was a knock.

"Jungwon?" the voice called out from behind the closed door.

"Coming!" the said male announced as he stepped cautiously over everyone's feet and belongings. He opened the door to reveal a short boy with dark brown hair, just a little darker than Jake's.

"Hey, uh... you're the nice guy from class, right?"

"I guess? Sunoo?" Jungwon asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's me," Sunoo smiled, eyes forming crescents.

"Oh! What brings you to my room, which's currently crawling with three other apes?" He asked, deadpan. That made everyone else laugh very hard.

"I mean, this is weird but have you seen a boy, dark blonde hair, moles under his left eye and on his chin?"

"No, why?"

"Um... well I don't know, I want to talk to him..?" Sunoo replied, looking down at his shoes, the slightest tint of red appearing on his cheeks.

"Hmm, I see. I'll see if I can track him for you? Okay, no that sounds creepy," Jungwon laughed, leaning against the doorway. "But I'll do what I can." Sunoo and Jungwon exchanged a smile before the former waved goodbye and walked away.

"I sense something becoming of this!" Jungwon squealed, and everyone laughed, including Jake.

Wait... what?

 what?

--

Second update of the week!

who do you think Sunoo is looking for??

Grammarly thinks my writing is sad, nervous and disapproving. do you think so? :(

love you <3