6. memories

"Oh, good. It's about time you sorted out this stuff," Jungwon said to Jake as they walked back from the cafeteria. Jake had told Jungwon all about his late-night conversation with his roommate.

"I mean we've known each other for only two days—"

"Technically, no. You've known each other since the time we met before school."

"Is that counted though?" Jake asked, blinking his eyes.

"Yes, of course!" Jungwon chuckled. "That's when your little drama all began, didn't it?"
"Fair enough," the older agreed, nodding.

"Speaking of which, it's completely understandable. I mean who goes around shipping random people all the time, right? It's only Sunghoon who's like this. I'm completely sane."

"Really?" an inquisitive voice called from behind the duo.

"Yes of cou—" Jungwon turned around to face a familiar teenager. "Oh, hello, Jay."

Joining them, the mentioned blonde stated: "don't believe a word he says. He's not sane at the slightest."

"Who are you to say anything?" a fourth voice sounded, again from behind them. All three of them recognised it belonged to Sunghoon. "None of us is sane, let's leave this at that."

"Valid," the youngest sighed dramatically.

"Anyway, you guys have plans?" Sunghoon asked the others.

"I have to go meet Sunoo, he and I are hanging out a bit," Jungwon answered. To describe a little more, he added, "You remember the guy asking for the other guy, right?"

"Not a great description, but yes, we recall," said Jake.

"This proves my point. None of us is sane."

"How did things go with Sunoo anyway?" Jay asked his roommate.

"I don't know yet. He's spilling all the tea today," Jungwon cackled.

"You sound extremely happy for gossip, don't you?" Sunghoon ruffled the boy's hair.

"Gossip is priceless. Fight me," he replied, holding his arms out in fists.

"Let's not be violent now shall we?" Jake kidded, gently pushing Jungwon's hands down to his sides.

"Sure sure, I've gotta run. I'll catch you guys in about three hours."

"Three hours of meaningless chatter? Good luck," the raven said.

Glaring at Sunghoon for his compliment, the boy turned and walked towards his meeting place.

"Jungwon!" Sunoo called out as he waved to the boy from his bench. They had planned to meet on the football field.

"Sunoo! Tell me everything."

"Okay, so I've tracked him," the older boy said, making an emphasis on 'tracked'. "And he's a junior, a grade younger than us. He dances, apparently and spends most of his time in the dance studio. He's Japanese — very sophisticated. His name's Nishimura... something. I couldn't get a hold of that."

On hearing the name, Jungwon's eyes widened, and his jaw fell open.

"Nishimura Riki? The Niki?" He put a hand to Sunoo's forehead. "Are you alright? Delirious, crazy?"

"I'd suppose not. Why?"

"He's the most wanted person in his grade. Well, I wouldn't expect you to know, it's been two days since you first came here. But unless he likes you back, you don't stand a chance."

"Most wanted... criminal?"

"Of course not," the younger said, swatting at Sunoo's arm. "Most wanted boyfriend. All the girls — and some of the guys — in his grade have a crush on him. So do some of his juniors. But he ignores everyone. Honestly, I appreciate that. He just shrugs off the world and does his own thing. But, back to you. It's worth a shot, you're special. Keep this in mind though, he's not easy to please at all."

"...do you think I should give up...?" Sunoo asked, slightly uneasy.

"No, you shouldn't. Go for it, see what happens. I'm not implying anything, but be prepared for... bad luck."

Understanding what he meant, Sunoo nodded slowly, before looking up at the other.

"Let's get back now?"

---

"How was your little gossip session?" Jay asked as Jungwon entered the room. Jake and Sunghoon were also sitting beside Jay, looking up from their game of UNO.

"Oh, shut up," Jungwon drawled, rolling his eyes and taking a seat on the floor next to Jake. "But it went well, either way. The guy he's looking for is Niki. I warned him against the... possibilities."

Judging by their sympathetic nods, two of them seemed to understand what the younger one said, but the new boy didn't get it.

"Niki who?"

"School's most precious kid, put plainly," said Jay, not a hint of emotion in his voice. "Poor Sunoo," he added.

Deciding against asking any further, Jake leaned back against the wall, drowning in thought.

He recalled the memories of the "most precious kid" in his school. A.K.A, his number one bully. The guy's name was Junsoo. He and his little gang would be the ones giving him the most sarcastic slurs and trash talks. The brunette closed his eyes and went into deep, bitter thoughts. The times they used to call him names. The times they used to swear at him. The times they used to beat him up so hard, that he couldn't walk for days. The worst part was, he never had the guts to tell his mother. He clenched his sweaty fists. His eyes began tearing up and he fought back a heavy tear. Sunghoon, in the midst of bickering with the others, noticed Jake wiping a tear with the tip of his finger. "Jake? Are you okay?" asked Sunghoon in a worried tone. "I... I have to go, Sunghoon," said Jake and grabbed his backpack and darted out past Jay and Jungwon. Jake was still tearing up and his hands were shaking. He bit the interior of his bottom lip; an old habit he had whenever he tried to stop himself from breaking into tears. He tasted the warm, metallic wetness of blood on his tongue as he walked briskly to the room, chest heaving.

He threw open the door to his room and locked it.

Jake's chest continued to fall and rise vigorously as his back was pressed to the door.

It was just a matter of seeing colour. He was glad nobody in this school knew. It was, of course, a one in a million condition. Nobody could tell unless they knew the signs of it.

And he hoped to god nobody did.

--

exactly 1K words.

HUGE shoutout to luna3872 for helping out with this chapter! go follow her, she's my sister in crime so go follow her hehe

this was supposed to be longer, but I desperately wanted to update for you on my birthday so here you go~

Also, Sunghoon's not a stupid jerk dw he helps Jake just be patient.

LOVE YOU