Life is a Highway

"Ughhhhhhhh, " I said as I laid down on my couch.

"Today has been such a tough day at work; I wish I could just stay home all day and sleep," I said to my roommate Amanda.

" Hey, don't worry, remember you have that really important match coming up next week. You get to meet the world-famous Lightning McQueen! I'm so jellyyyyy," She said with an exaggerated tone.

I shrugged my shoulders and rolled to the opposite side. Sometimes I wish I could have all the money in the world and not worry about anything. But I mean, I guess it's somewhat cool that I get to meet Lightning McQueen. Though I should be happier because it was my dream since high school, I don't know; I'm just not feeling it.

I ended up falling asleep watching Steven universe on my TV. My roommate Amanda works night shifts, so whenever I'm sleeping, she's working. It's annoying because I don't get to see her that much, but it has its plusses. Like how when I wake up, and she's back from work, she makes me her 'world famous' creamy, buttery, fluffy pancakes with warm butter on top. Sometimes if I'm lucky, she'll put blueberries and powder sugar on the top, but that's only if she's feeling generous. Also, if we ever get into fights, I can go to sleep or stay up all night and not have to see her.

I was rudely awakened by Amanda screaming her favorite song, Jubilee Line, while making her pancakes. I rolled over slowly to see her almost done.

" Morning Y/N! I made your favorite!" Amanda said

" Amanda, you make this everyday," I said with an attitude 

" Ohhh, so that's how it is. I guess you don't want these-"

She shoved a plate of warm fluffy syrup-covered pancakes into my face. And she added powder sugar and blueberries on top. My favorite

" Oh, ok ok I'm sorrryyyyy, ok now give it-"

I quickly yanked the pancakes out of her hands and shoved my face in them. Amanda laughed at me and cooked herself some bacon and eggs. I decided I should be productive and go around for a walk to the grocery store since I needed to get out of the house and buy more food.

I got dressed in a super over-the-top outfit because I mean, if I were to die, I wanna die in an outfit I look good in. I quickly scurried out of the house before Amanda could question where I was going since I never leave the house. I quickly ran down the metal stairs of my apartment, hurrying since I knew Amanda would notice if I were gone. After I knew the coast was clear, I made my way down the street when I realized I forgot my phone.

" Crappppppp," I said

I realized that I wouldn't be able to tell Amanda where I was, and she would probably freak out like the big sister she was. I decided it wasn't worth going back and having her lecture me, so I just wandered my way down the street and walked to the grocery store. When I was walking there, I realized there was a huge line even going out of the store.

" Ugh, covid, I hate this stupid policy where they can only let in a select amount of people in," I whispered under my breath.

My only other option would be to go to the truck stop and pick up some snacks and a couple of coupons. I thought to myself for a second and decided that I didn't have the patience to wait in that line, especially without my phone in hand. I thought for a little longer and decided to go to the truck stop. Plus, I needed to get some more exercise.