Ch. 2 Noticing Things

Amity felt things were off.

She noticed every servant in the manor seemed tense when ever her father was on a business trip with the abomination coven. While Alador is gone, Odalia was more angrier then usual, Amity and twins try to avoid her as much as possible when she's like that.

When she was little she asked Emma why everybody was acting weird but she brushed it off saying that it's because the manor needs to be perfect when her father returned. She would then give Amity a couple cookies to keep her distracted. She may have been a kid but she wasn't stupid, she knew it was something else but she couldn't figure it out.

The one thing that stood out to her though was the basement. Odalia had always told them to never ever go to the basement under any circumstances.

One time when they were playing hide and seek, Edric saw that the door was open and hid under the stairs but a few moments later when Emira found Amity, they heard Edric crying. Both girls came running to find their mother holding Edric by the shoulders, her nails digging into his skin.

"What did I say about going down there?! You are NEVER to go to the basement! Do you understand?!" She yelled not even noticing the girls, Edric nodded and she let him go.
—————————
Amity looked up from her homework and looked out her window. She always loved the sunset it reminded her of her red hair. Though her hair was brown like her fathers, it had a red hue to it. When she turned eight, she noticed her hair starting to turn to more of a red brown. She loved it, thinking it made her unique but her mother didn't.

She shook her head when she heard a soft knock on her door. She got up and opened the door to see her sister there.

"Dinner's ready mittens. Mom says to hurry up." Emira said before turning her back and walking away.
—————————
Amity sat in between Edric and Emira, and Odalia sat at the head of the table. The family ate in relative silence, Odalia asking the occasional question for her children. Amity sat quietly in her chair, silently chewing her potatoes.

"Amity, Dear, I had tea with Boscha's mother earlier this week and I have heard some nasty rumors from her. I must ask are they true?" Odalia asked.

"W-what rumors mother?"

"That you and...the human are dating."

Amity squirmed as she felt her mother's eyes boring directly into her. Before she could reply Edric and Emira intervened.

"If we may mother, we've seen mittens around the school," Emira cooed, holding Amity's hand under the table.

"And we can assure you that mittens is not dating that human. Those are just nasty things Boscha made up." Edric finished cheerliy.

"Don't worry, Mother,"

"Boscha is only saying those things as a joke. A very bad joke."

"Is that so?" Odalia hummed without enthusiasm. All three of them nod their heads in unison.

Odalia seemed to accept that answer and they went back to finishing their dinner. When Amity finished she excused herself, before she could leave the room her mother spoke up.

"Amity after you finish your homework, we'll re-dye your hair before your father returns tonight. That red color is starting to show again."

Amity clutches her hands tightly but quickly put a smile on her face. "Yes mother."

Amity heads to her room and once she's closed the door, she sits in front of her vanity. Taking her hair out of its ponytail, she notices her brown-red hair IS starting to show. But she was not ashamed at all.

Twenty minutes later, Odalia comes in with Emma and they began to re-dye her hair. As much as she wanted to tell her mother that she preferred her hair to be it's natural color, she knew better than to engage her mother's wrath. After they were finished, Odalia smiled and kisses Amity's forehead before wishing her a goodnight and leaving Amity alone again.

Amity sighs and grabs a small purple book from under her pillow.

She started to write about her dream from last night. In her dreams she was a baby and saw this woman with red hair. She could never see her face clearly but the woman would hold her close and pepper her face with kisses saying that she loves her so much. Sometimes in her dreams she would see a man with the woman both would hold her close and tell her they love her.

Amity had written about so many of these dreams in her little book and hid it under her pillow so nobody could see it. After all she can't risk falling off her throne of being Little Miss Perfect.

Placing the book down she stood up and prepared for bed. She put on her soft purple nightgown and brushing out her hair. Putting the journal back in its hiding place she pulled the covers up to her chin and fell asleep.
—————————
The man was holding her in his arms. She tried to speak but found she was just babbling in his arms. The man smiles.

He began walking, she didn't know where but she didn't panic, she felt she could trust him. He brought her to a small area in the woods and there is the red haired woman sitting on a swing.

"Darling! Amity! My own heart!" The woman cried happily. She hopped off the swing and ran slowly to them. She took Amity from the man and kissed her little face.

The man wraps his arm around the woman's slender frame, he tilts their foreheads together, he leans in to kiss her.

"I WARNED YOU!!!"

They both turned their heads, the woman clutching Amity closer to her. Amity didn't know who this was, all she could see was a woman in the shadows with piercing golden eyes.

Suddenly she finds herself in the shadow woman's arms.

The man was chained and being whipped. He cried out in pain, tears running down his face while the whipping continued and blood dripping down his back.

The woman was bloodied and bruised, leaning against a tree. She tries to reach towards Amity but her arms slumps down and her eyes close one last time.

The shadow woman smirked and looked back at the man. "You should have listened. I warned you your punishment would only get worse."

Amity began to cry.
—————————
Amity woke with a jolt. She was breathing heavily, her hair sticking to her face with sweat. She looked over at her clock to see it was Six-thirty am. She groaned before sliding out of bed and getting ready for the day.

Before she left her room, she grabbed her little book and shoved it into her bag. At breakfast, she and the twins found their father at the head of the table reading the morning newspaper and their mother no where to be found.

"Good Morning, Father. Where's Mother?" Emira asked as she sat down.

"Good Morning, Children. Your mother had an early meeting with the Oracle coven."

They all ate breakfast in silence.

Amity looks over at her father and her eyes widen a little when she notices, dark bruises on his wrists. She quickly looks away before he noticed.

After she finished her meal, she grabbed her bag and walked right out the front door without waiting for Ed and Em.
———————
Notes:
Hello! I'm so happy to upload chapter 2! I hope all of you out there enjoyed it.