Ch. 4 Surprise Visitor

A few hours later, The isles evening air was refreshing and cool. The witch closed her eyes and let herself enjoy the breeze. Her cat palisman with wings would steer her right to where she wants to go.

Soon she touched the ground and approached the owl house.

"Hoot, Hoot!"

"Good evening Hooty. I'm here to see Eda and Lilith."

"Oooooohhhhhh! Here to gossip with your girl-friends!" He inched to an uncomfortable distance to her face before being playfully shoved away getting a light chuckle out of the mystery witch.

Eda opened the door half a second later. "Hooty who the heck are you talking-" She stopped mid sentence seeing the witch pull back her hood, revealing her face. Eda smirked at the witch in front of her. She leaned against the doorframe, crossing her arms.

"Well, well, well. Its been a while since I've seen you last...Miss Catherine Blight."

Catherine Blight, The younger sister of Alador Blight. Many witches found her to be so wild, ever since she was a child.

Nowadays they would think she'd rather be anywhere else because a Blight only associates with strong witches. Not hanging out with a former wanted criminal and her traitorous, coven less sister.

But that was not the case for Catherine. She had been friends with Eda and Lilith since their Hexside days, they'd been their for each other through Eda's curse and Catherine's...Complications.

Lilith and Catherine were friends but after Lilith joined the Emperor's coven they slowly lost contact until they stopped talking to each other all together.

Catherine is a beautiful witch, she has short brown curly hair, pale skin like the sand, and bright blue eyes that stick out in the Blight family.

Eda looked her up and down to see she was wearing a gorgeous royal blue jumpsuit with puffy sleeves and black laced pants. Which was definitely different from what she usually wears but of course she always has her dark purple cloak being held by a cat clasp.

"Edalyn Clawthorne. Good to see you in your normal form again."

Eda was about to reply with a snarky comment when Catherine pulled her into a hug. Eda struggled a little at first but stopped when she heard sniffling. Sighing she wrapped her arms around Catherine's back and held her.

"I'm guessing you just wanted to see if we were okay after the whole petrification incident."

Catherine nodded her head, she pulled away looking at the gray haired witch with tears in her eyes. Eda sighed again and brought her inside.

"I guess we both could use a glass of hard apple blood huh?" Eda suggested.

"Oh yeah." Catherine chuckled. Eda headed into the kitchen, She took out two glasses and bent down to grab the hard apple blood from the fridge.

"Hard stuff for sure?" Eda asked, plopping down on the couch. She started to fill up the glasses.

"Hard stuff for sure." Catherine smiled, wiping her eyes and sniffing.

Eda gave her the glass and right away she took a long sip. "Ugh! You never get used to the burning in your chest."

"YOU asked for the hard stuff...Soooooo how have you been doing lately?"

"Honestly? Freaked out. I've been worried about you, Lilith, King and Luz."

Eda placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, we're doing fine. You know Lilith and I split the curse, the elixirs are working again, and Luz is gonna be back in school soon. All and all we're doing good."