Prologue: The Starting Point

Scene: Riding the Bus

In the Deep of Human Mind

In a crowded bus, different types of people are inside riding it. Some are office workers, some are ordinary people and most of them are students from the same school.

Still allowing passengers to get in, along the way. The bus then reached its maximum capacity, making all the seat occupied and forcing the others to stand.

Good thing that I got in early, who knows if I'm a minute late, then I'll be one of those passengers that is currently standing.

'Ahhh... A comfy seat plus a fresh atmosphere, what else can I ask?'

Despite having too many people inside, it was dead silent, until one person suddenly arise.

"Hmm.. Can you please offer your seat to the elderly..."

Giving one's seat to the priority like senior citizen, pregnant women and disable person are pretty common nowadays.

"My my pretty girl... just because I'm young doesn't requires me to give up my seat to someone..."

But in this cruel world, there will be those greedy bunch, those who will exploits everything they'll see, even things that don't have any use/need at all.

"But you're sitting in a priority seat.."

In the midst of chaos, a string of light will always appear, giving hope to the helpless ones, opening a new path full of opportunity.

"I don't understand. Priority seats are just that: priority seats. I have no legal obligation to move. Since I'm currently occupying this seat, I should be the one who determines whether or not I move. Am I supposed to give up my seat just because I'm young? Ha! That reasoning is nonsense."

A world where everything is competition: the resources, the supply, the materials, the time, the value, the job, the promotion, or everything, even one priority seat had been fight as of now.

A German Philosopher named Karl Marx, known as the father of Conflict Theory, explains that due to the society's never-ending competition for finite resources, it will always be in a state of conflict. Even if the lower class win, the cycle of conflict will then happen again.

The battle of conversation keeps going, neither both of the opposite side intends to lose.

As a person who's raised in that 'place', I haven't quite understand well how the human society works. Everything I learn is through the books, and only that. The rest is still unknown to me, it's as if I'm walking in the north pole, completely naked, it brings chills but at the same time, pleasure.

In this raw wide world, where flaws, unjust system, inequality and injustice are present. I will learn it by heart, discover new things that I haven't known before, understanding the concept of human emotions, vulnerability, and feeling it in my own skin, the meaning of youth.

Everything that was once taken away from me by that 'man', for the sole reason of reaching perfection. I will take it back. No matter who I am against in this unknown world that I have recently stepped in, I will protect these three years of freedom with all of my abilities, even if I will have to resort in using force, I won't hesitate.

*Sound of wheels stopping*

I then disembark from the bus and take a good look of the towering school's gate.

Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High School, one of the largest and most famous school in the country.

It boasts a 100% employment and college entry rate, and with thorough, state-directed teaching methods, it spares no effort in pursuing the nation's desired future.

When I heard of that advertisement in the first time, somehow it smells kinda fishy to me tho... but as long as I will gain my freedom from that 'man', then there's no problem at all.

A sudden question then crossed my mind.

Can a masterpiece from that 'place' like me, survive in this new surrounding?

Then my answer is:

We wouldn't know unless we don't try, it's either swim or die, the strong will trample the weak, and then, the weak will become strong.

A rough sea's full of ups and downs, the 15 years of isolation might changed due to a sudden unexpected meeting of peculiar people.

This is my high school story.

-----------x

Authors Note

This is a collab cote fanfic story made by ForsakenPiece and Kouhai_D-chan , comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Also this is both our first time doing this 😅 so you guys got the gist of it.

Thanks for reading 😊

Date Published: May 05, 2021

No. of Words: 768 Words