Chapter 9: Dangerous

•(A/n): Netflix just came out with this series called 'Shadow and Bone' which I believe is based off a book. Besides the point, there is a character named General Kirigan and his powers depict exactly how I imagined the (Y/n) character powers to be. So if you're confused on her ability I definitely recommend watching the show. And well, because it's a really good show...•

You wake up in an ally way, gasping for air. You remember everything, yet nothing at the same time. You've been discovered. You let your emotions get the best of you.

Vought would be looking for you now. New updated photos of what you looked like. There was no hiding anymore. Just surviving. Becca was now in trouble, but even if you went to search for her, if you found her would she think you're a monster?

You kneel down to a puddle of water to ensure you're powers weren't activated. Your eyes weren't black and you were back in your human form. You take your phone out of your pocket and press on Billy's contact.

"Please pick up, please pick up" you pray clutching the phone tight in your hands as you listen to the ring.

"Oi, what do you wa-" Billy tries to say before you cut him off.

"Billy Becca's in trouble. Vought is looking for me, do NOT go back to her apartment. Watch terror for me- for Becca." You stumble over your words trying to explain things as fast as possible.

"What, wait what happened with Becca, why is Vought after you. What's going on?" He says confused.

"Billy listen to me. I can't explain anything now. Watch after Terror, check security cameras do whatever you can and search for Beeca. Vought has her. I don't know what happened to her but I know she's in trouble," You say on the verge of tears, "I need to get rid of this phone before they find me, this is the last time we'll talk. I'm not a bad person, I promise. I loved Becca and you know I would never hurt her. I don't know what they're gonna do to me Billy, please find her. Please." A single tear rolls down your cheek.

Billy remains silent. He hangs up the call and that's you're que to destroy your phone. You take out the SIM card and snap it in half. You throw the phone on the ground and stomp on it repeatedly. When the phone is unrecognizable you kick it under a dumpster and cautiously peak your head out of the ally way.

Immediately you see every screen in sight has uou face plastered onto it. They read 'SUPER-ABLED CRIMINAL ON THE RUN IN NEW YORK CITY: DO NOT APPROACH. CAUTION: DANGEROUS'.

You were a fugitive. You were weak. Turning into mist with nothing but a mere shadow puts a tole on your energy. You were exhausted, but had no choice hit to keep moving. Your powers were extinguished until there was darkness outside.

Keeping your head down you walk on the side walk. It's mid day, so bright it hurt. You were tired and let your emotions get the best of you. Distracted by Becca and blinded by anger, you may as well have put her in more danger than she was in originally.

You hear the sonic booms of Homelander flying scanning the area with his x-ray vision looking for you, and huge armed military trucks patrolling the streets. There was no way out of this. They were going to catch you, what they were going to do with you, you didn't want to know. The thought of it terrified you.

You had no idea where to go, you couldn't go to Becca's apartment, you couldn't see Billy. You had nothing. You see a gas station and quickly open the doors. You go behind one of the isle ways pretending to look at what candy to choose.

You're trying to buy yourself time to think of a new plan by acting like a normal citizen, rummaging through the Lamplighter cinnamon tic tacs, until the owner of the store says something.

"Hey lady, are you gonna buy something or are you just gonna contaminate everything with your greasy sausages" he says with no remorse.

Rude, you think to yourself. You can't do anything to draw attention to yourself so you remain silent. Grabbing a pack of A-Train blue raspberry blast bubble gum, you make a break for the door. So much for not drawing attention to yourself, but with no money that gum was irresistible.

The man didn't seem to notice since he didn't say anything when you ran nor did he come out of the store. Desire was your weakness. But thank god for the pack of A-train blue raspberry blast bubble gum.

Getting far enough from the gas station, you try to look for a place to hide. There was really nothing anywhere. Maybe turning yourself in was the best option. If you turned yourself in, Billy would have all the time in the world to find Becca.

You sat on it for a minute. You weren't sure if they were going to kill you, but you knew they'd hurt you. But if you waited who knows, the punishment could be worse. You debated on turning yourself in, maybe Becca would be protected if you did.

Just as the thought crossed your mind you popped a piece of gum in your mouth. You look up to see Homelander standing in front of you. You blink once and quickly fly into the air attempting to escape. Effortlessly he catches up with you and grabs the same wrist he held so tightly in the elevator.

"Quite a show you put on back there," he says with a sigh, "I'm really impressed. Doubtful that you had any combat training or understanding of your powers. We'll fix that." He finishes smiling.

"What are they going to do with me," you ask out of fear.

"Nothing like when we were kids. Well by we, I mean you. Though it'll probably be worse.. much worse" he says emotionlessly, "You're dangerous. To everyone. Staying in hiding for this long, wow. I can't imagine how much fear and anger you have built up. Well use that to our advantage. In time we'll see who you're truly are, who you were mean't to be."

You stare wide eyed while trying to remain calm. You felt like you were going to pass out. Becca was missing and here you were, maybe never to see her again, once in the hands of Vought.

"They've got a plan for you, for us. We can rebuild what they started. But this time, Together." He says taking you by the wrist.

You inhale as Homelander drags you to one of the military trucks. They put 2 inch glowing steel cuffs around your wrists while throwing you into the back. This wasn't a normal truck, they were prepared for you. The walls, floor, and ceiling of the truck were built in with 20k watt lights. Blinding lights.

Talk about being exhausted you were unable to move or do anything. Your eyelids were closed shut and the brightness still painfully burned through. The power of the lights drained any energy you had left.

The truck drives for what seems like hours. The lights weren't turned off once. Each bump the truck hit, repositioned your body exposing it to the well illuminated space.

Finally the truck comes to a stop. You wait tirelessly as the truck doors finally open. Two well armed guards pick you up by the shoulders, throwing you in an air tight glass box with a high powered lights on each wall.

They wheel to a building called the Sage Grove Center Psychiatric Hospital.