Chapter 10: Freight Car

Your wheeled into a small concrete room, with a mattress, toilet, and metal mirror. The Room was just as bright as the back of the truck. Your hands still cuffed, they let you out of the glass box. You instantly fall on the mattress which you can feel the rusted springs through the thin fabric.

Just as you start to settle down, robotic arms grab you by your shoulders pulling you hard against the concrete, locking your elbows in place. You let out a small whimper as your head hit the wall. The doors open to reveal 2 people walking in. One had a clipboard, wearing a white coat. The other wore light blue scrubs.

"Good afternoon Ms. (L/n). Says here when you were with Dr. Vogelbaum your 'superhero' name was Lady Immorality. Or that was who you were supposed to be." She says with annoyed with you.

You haven't heard that name in so long. It made you cringe. After they found out you weren't suitable for the face America, they made you sound like a heartless, cruel, monster.

"Anyways, I'm Dr. Sanchez, I'll be taking care of you for your stay here." She says giving you a burning glare. "You should remember me. You killed my mother some time ago, sure you didn't forget. Her and 9 other nurses. In case you were wondering why the name sounded familiar."

You keep your head down trying not the remember when you were younger. You knew who she was and who she was talking about. You didn't remember killing 9 other people. You didn't even remember seeing 9 nurses in the building. You didn't feel anything. She was a horrible person and so was everyone else who worked there.

"You know she cared about you. She cried every time she game home. She was constantly filled with guilt knowing what they were going to you. The wanted nothing more than to help you.. And how do you repay her exactly? You murder her." Dr Sanchez says as anger visibly swells in her body. "We'll start treatment today. This is nurse Galligan and he'll escort you to the treatment room" She says, glaring at you as you walk out.

The nurse rolls in a dolly. The robotic arms release you. You step on to the dolly as he straps your forearms with leather belts. He wheels you out into the hallway. The hall is filled with doors on each side. Each holding a single person.

"What is this place" you ask silently.

"Where people like you go to die" he says angrily, not bothering to look at you.

You decided not to ask anymore questions and just watch as you pass all the doors. After a few more long hallways and a couple turns, you and taken to a room. A large room, a single seat with huge robotic gadgets attached to it. You gulp, as he wheels you to the seat. Unbuckling your restraints, he motions for you to sit down.

"Good afternoon (Y/n), today we start day one out of a 2,973 day treatment. Phase: 1." The doctor says observing behind a glass door.

Your eyes widen as his sentence bubbles in your head. You didn't know what to make of it. Almost 9 years of what they call 'treatment'.

"Place your hands on the arm of the chair please" the doctor says through the glass.

Metal bands clamp over your wrists, forearms and ankles. You lean back in the chair as another band clamps around your waist and neck making you completely immobile.

"Good. Galligan point the lights to her please." The nurse rolls these circular lights that look a little like the lights you'd see at a dentist office. But much much brighter...

Another doctor walks in the room where the other doctor was behind the glass. In his hands he held a thin black book that had your name on it. The book couldn't of had more than 20 pages in it.

"Hallo, I am Dr. Müller" he says in a thick German accent. I will be in charge of these treatments for the next 9 years. Shall we get started?" The doctor says smirking.

You're able to make small movements so you give him a slight nod. You begin to stare at the ceiling to stop the tears from flowing but you're unsuccessful. Silently tears stream down your cheeks as needles are pressed into your temples by the machine. A cage comes over your head. Attached to the cage are 2 cups that go over each eye.

Suddenly the cups lit up brightly. So bright that closing your eyes made no difference. You feel the needles puncture your skin and start to pump in an unknown substance.

"Leuchtturm(Lighthouse)" you hear the doctor say.

As the words leave his mouth, you were no longer blinded by light. You saw yourself with Becca. Not the current version of yourself, but it was you when you were younger. You were at school with Becca.

"I'll meet you at home," you say to Becca. "I have some books I need to return, and maybe I should get new ones. Ya know, keeping the brain fresh" you wink.

"Maybe I should go with you" Becca asks

"No no don't worry. I'll be quick. But like not that quick. Whatever you get it. I'll meet you at home." You say giving her a smile.

As she turns away you see yourself, rushing back into the school. Dropping your bag of books off by the door. You find the guy who was bullying with Becca. Didn't even know his name but you remembered that very punchable face.

You see yourself walk behind him, your eyes black, you grab a fistful of his blonde hair by the roots and slam his head against the locker. You throw him on the ground and wrap your legs around his torso, hitting him repeatedly. When he stopped moving you got up and left.

"Leiden (Suffering)"

You were no longer at the school. You were back at the lab. You see yourself with your powers activated, your younger self standing over the body of Dr.Sanchez. Everything moved in slow motion John, or now Homelander, looking up at you smiling. You glance at him and grab the Dr's key card and run.

"Vernichten (Destroy)"

You blink. You see yourself in the ally way after escaping the lab. You remember how starving you were. How tired and scared you felt. You reach out to touch your younger self caressing her face. She looks up at you with tears in her eyes. She- you were helpless, alone.

"Erobern (Conquer)"

Your eyes go black as as you give your younger self a blank stare. You felt like a prisoner on your own body. You stopped caressing her face and gently placed both hands around her neck as you pressed firmly.

She started choking as you used your powers you blow a thick black mist up her nose replacing the oxygen in her lungs. Her arms attempting to rip yours away from her neck. But soon her movements became less sporadic. She fell to the ground motionless.

"Himmel (Sky)"

You wake up from your trance, instantly blinded my the bright lights connected to the cage over your head. The needles in your temples were now pumping a liquid that felt like it was melting your skin. With your eyes burning and your skin in agony you scream in pain.

You try to shake off the restraints only furthering the needles in your head. Your cries fill the room as nobody helps. It was torture. Agony.

"Berge (Mountains)" the doctor says, not phased by your torment.

The cage is slowly lifted off your head as the lights in your blindfold are turned off. When everything is taken off your face, you're still unable to see anything.

"Please" you whimper, "stop, I'm begging you." Tears roll down your cheeks.

"Sonne (Sun)"

Your body goes stiff as you see one last vision. It was Becca again. But this time she was dead. Right in front of you. Her body laid lifeless by the feet of the Doctor. You were unable to move. Your body was restricted and you struggled to get to her.

"Becca!" You cried, "BECCA!" She wasn't moving.

A burst of black mist escaped your body, as you closed your eyes and screamed. There was a loud 'BOOM', and then, nothing.