Chapter 15: Starlight

Your interaction with Homelander was bland and uneventful. He showed you around the Vought tower. Didn't explain much. He mostly just walked around with you, quietly. It felt more like an observation of you rather than a tour. It wasn't what you wanted to do but it was nice seeing a new environment.

You return to your room. Taking off your suit. The corset left imprints of the strings around your whole torso. It was so refreshing to take it off your body. You remove your hood allowing you to once again see clearly, and in color. You run a cold shower and hop in.

The feeling of the freezing water washed against your skin. It massaged the indents made by your tight clothing. The redness soon went away as you left the shower.

Drying off you throw on an oversized black shirt along with black boyshorts. Black really made up almost all of your wardrobe. You were never given much selected under the control of Vought.

You dry your hair, giving it a quick brush. You left your hair down, when it typically would be in a double French braid, or in a rare occasion, a simple pony tail while 'on the job'.

After trying to forget everything, it all just comes back. You knew you were raised in a lab with John, but you didn't remember much else. All you could remember was being moved to a different facility, where they just ran more experiments on you.

It frustrated you. Everything you did, everything you were, was just owned by Vought. Why couldn't you go home to a family? Why couldn't you leave the building unless approved by your higher ups?

You were so important. One of Voughts most prized possessions, yet you were treated like you meant nothing. And John, Homelander, he didn't want to help you. Why does he care now? Why didn't he care when you were both younger? Why didn't he try to save you? You've been taught about the seven and he's been the face of it forever. You knew he lied to you when he said he faced the same treatment.

You truly felt alone. Vulnerable. As if you weren't already, you were almost tricked into whatever he wanted. You were trained to catch on to manipulation, deceit, lies. All of it. You couldn't be tricked, and you most certainly would NOT be portrayed as the helpless little girl you knew you weren't.

These thoughts swirled in your head endlessly. It was annoying, almost painful. You're not allowed to speak provocatively to your betters. All you could do was simply act cold. And that's what you were good at.

There was no point in staying mad. Nothing would change. You simply decide to lay down and try to sleep. You fluff your pillow, and rest your head. Quickly you fall asleep. You were more tired than expected.

Another dreamless night, you wake up refreshed in the morning. Dim light seeped through the openings of your black out curtains. It was 5:00am and time for you to get ready. It was important for you be up this early. Not only because you had a meeting, but at any time you could be called for assistance.

Without turning on any lights you take another cold shower to wake you up. The exhilarating chill make your body do a fast shiver. You were no longer drowsy. This was your morning caffeine.

That quick rinse was all you needed. You quickly hopped out of the shower redressing yourself in the most uncomfortable clothing you have ever worn. You thought about making your corset loose, but you didn't want to hear anyone complain about it, so you made it just as tight as it was the day before. You put on the last few accessories.

With your eyes finally covered by your head piece, you grab your staff and decide to take walk around the building, hopefully by yourself. You had a few hours to spare before the meeting today. Right as you grab the door handle, you hear a knock. You open it revealing Dr. Müller.