Two

There are times were you would often leave Dawn Winery and head towards Mondstadt city. And today was one of those days, not because it was your shift at Angel's Share but because there would be an event, at the manor, and you hate it.

You don't like parties, even if that party was hosted by your lover, you would prefer to leave the manor for a while and come back once the gathering is over. Of course, not only did the gather of so many people pissed you off but also the way how they would often pushes their daughters towards your lover.

Thinking about it, you kick a small piece of rock right in front of you, telling out a tsk as you do.

It's been months since he arrived, there you would often see him interact with others only to realize, he really did change. He seems more distant, aloof to others, you would often see him, well more like hear him dissing the knights of favonius. You were thankful that he was still the same towards you, but felt bitter on how he treated others, yet knowing what happened to him, you can't blame him.

Currently you are on springvale, humming silently as you walk, usually you would often go to Mondstadt with your horse or with the help of a carriage, but today was one of those days where you choose to walk instead, admiring the environment as you do. Beside the road to Mondstadt is safe, having to go through the same route a hundred times before.

At the same time, as if Barbatos was making fun of you, you heard a sound of heavy foot prints coming from the direction you are heading to. And as soon as you look up, an urge to scream raise on your throat. It was a mitachurl.

And you do not possess vision that is why Diluc is so protective of you ever since he came back, or even before, so the first thing that came up to you was to, of course, run. That is what you want to do, but your body isn't listening.

A flash of what happened four years ago suddenly slip into your mind, your trauma coming back to you right in front of this freaking mitachurl that causes your knees to gave in and you fall into the ground, frighten and shaking.

But for a moment, a flash of your lover face came into your mind. It was that morning when you woke up with him by your side.

At that moment, you thought. You don't want to die, at least not now, not later, you still haven't marry Diluc, how could you die?

So with an adrenaline rush, before the mitachurl could crush you with its flaming axe, you manage to avoid it, sending shiver down your spine as you watch how the ground cracks right where you were at a couple of second ago.

Not missing a second, you run. Run back towards the direction of the winery, knowing no matter how much you scream right now, no one would hear you.

Still, you scream out your lover's name, hoping he'll hear it miles away from where you where at.

In the middle of panic running with the mitachurl not failing to chase after you, you trip on a tree root, causing you to fall hard on the ground. And befote you could stand up, a shadow cast over you, making your blood ran cold.

You didn't dare turn around, not willing to face your death. You hiccup, hands gripping on the grass as you gather up your courage for one last scream. But no words came out, only a whimper as tears started streaming down your face.

You don't want to die, at least not before him.

But preparing for the worst, you close your eyes, thinking.

I'm sorry, Diluc.

Cling!

It was a sound of the weapons clashing that makes you look back.

Upon doing so, another hiccup escape your mouth. Tears once again staining your cheeks as your lover gave you a reassuring smile, giving you a sense of comfort in every means.

"It's alright now, Love"

He was blocking of the axe that would have been ripped you apart with his claymore

"You're safe now, and close your eyes for a moment, I'll be done here in a second"