Three

The mood was fancy inside the room, nobles can be seen in different directions of the room talking to each other. But the peaceful gathering was cut off by the sound of the window breaking.

It was caused by an eagle, Diluc's eagle to be exact as they flew towards the owner, Diluc. And he who manage to stay calm and collect thought out the unexpected turn of events was focused on his bird who now landed on his arm. But as soon as it did, it claw out his clothes and started to flap its wings again, as if to guide somewhere.

At this point, only one person came in mind, You.

He made his eagle observe you, who was on your way to Mondstadt City as you insist to make a short cut through out the woods.

Without thinking twice, he gave the head maid a glance, by this she, Adeline nod as she made a speech on her boss behalf who dash out of the room without word.

Following his eagle, he run and run, heart pounding on his chest, praying to the Anemo God to keep you safe, that he could make it on time, just please let you be alive.

He still have many things to do with you, you are the irreplaceable person by his side. He can't, no matter what he can't loose you.

And there he found you, he did not stop as watch you trip, watching you fall on the ground at the same time the mitachurl raise it's axe. He felt his heart pounding so hard on his chest.

Cling!

His claymore meet with the flaming axe of the matichurl

At the same time he look back at you, he saw you from afar earlier, but your close up was far more worst, with tears streaming down your face, you small and shaking figure, scratches on your face and your body, and probably a bruise on knees later.

As he saw a relief in those (eye color) iris, his heart break quite a bit at such a scene.

"It's alright now, Love"

He reassure his lover, you.

"You're safe now, and close your eyes for a moment, I'll be done here in a second"

And you did as you were told, he watch you hiccup and close your eyes, hands gripping on the grass

Watching you in such a state, he felt mad, not just to the matichurl but also to himself. Gritting his teeth, he make sure to give the creature right in front of him a quick but painful death.

So he did, pulling out his claymore that was buried deep on the matichurl chest. He walk towards you, making sure that his hands were clean as he pick up your small figure.

"Is it done?"

You open your eyes, clinging into his neck as you do so

You hear him hmm gently, the feeling of his warmth enough to brush away your fear now that he's here.

"Thank you"

You smile at him, you can hear his heart beating on his chest

"Don't do that again"

"I know, I'm sorry"

There is no way you're going out alone from now on, at least for the next couple of months

"Diluc?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm here"

You can feel his arms trembling as he carry you, not because you're heavy.

But because that was close, he almost lost you again.

With him wandering around in the Teyvat, searching for answer and way to ease out his thirst for vengeance. But after that one close call encounter, when he reflected, he realize that he still have you. That he still have you and Mondstadt to protect in his own ways.

He still have a home to come back to, You.

Watching you fall into a slumber in his arms, he hold your close, kissing the crown of your head.

He knew he loves you more than he could imagine when home went from being a place to being a person.