Six

It was afternoon when you reach the city of Mondstadt, humming a random tune on your way to the tavern, you make sure to keep the food and drinks you were carrying for your lover, safe and untouched.

Upon entering the tavern, the first person you saw was Charles, the man you'll be exchanging shift this afternoon. It seems like Diluc isn't around at the moment so you just greeted him, then proceed to greet the regulars as usual.

To be told the truth, the relationship between you and Diluc was not known in public, only the workers at the manor and your close friends knew the romance between the two of you and the rest of the people in Mondstadt only thought of you two being close friend.

Well the reason was because Diluc has enemies, and in the eyes of his enemies the moment they knew about you, you can be seen as his weakness, at least what you thought, but you are in fact, not his weakness, but the total opposite of it. You are his reverse scale, the one last thing his enemies can touch.

"(First name)"

It was a familiar deep voice that made you excuse yourself away from the regulars whom you were currently having a chat with

"Diluc!"

You smile at the tavern owner as you proceed towards behind the bar counter

"You didn't told me you're going to be on duty today"

"Hmm? Maybe you just didn't check the shift schedule?"

You smile brightly at him

Well obviously, he did, you just changed it.

"Anyways I just want to give this to you"

You grab the food and his favorite grape juice that you packed earlier

"I figure out you'll be staying out again so at least take this with you"

You whisper, placing the food once again under the counter

Ever since stormterror started causing trouble around the city, and with the abyss order setting up camps closer around the city, this lover of yours had gone busy, day or night he has been preoccupied and nowadays barely had come home.

You miss him, though the safety of everyone including yourself would come first. You admire him for this, honestly.

"Also, this is the weeks accounts"

You stated handing him a piece of paper that organized earlier

"Hmm... The disaster has greatly affected business"

"That's what I wanted to say earlier."

You stated with a sigh

Diluc was about to say something, but then the tavern door open, making you put your attention towards them, customer first.

"Hi, we'd like a seat at your ahhh.. least conspicuous table"

It was the blue haired bard you often seen nowadays, panting along with a male blonde and a fairy white hair

For a moment your (eye color) iris meet with Diluc's red ones.

"The second floor has fewer customers, you'd be less conspicuous up there"

You're about to speak but Diluc beats you to it.

After exchanging a few more lines in between the two, you lean against the table, looking at the three figure going upstairs. You let out a chuckle, looking at your lover who was looking at him with suspicion.

"(First name)"

"Hmm?"

"Would you keep an eye on them? There is something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around"

"To whom do you plan to ask?"

You ask in amusement followed by a humm

"The 'Protectors' of Mondstadt"

You can hear the sarcasm in his voice, making you chuckle once again in silent

At the same time two knights came in, asking and telling the current situation to Diluc that makes your eyes widen in surprise. To think such thing would happen. And right after the knights go out, the trio went down, this time interrogated by Diluc in which you could just lean against the counter and listen to them.

"This is the super rookie of the knights of Favonius. Why would someone so aspiring steal Mondstadt's sacred treasure?"

Hmm?

Super rookie?

The honorary knight they've been talking about?

"That's you?"

You gasp, (eye color) iris suddenly started to shine

"Oh dear! I've been wanting to meet you so bad! I've hear things about you!"

You beam, leaping against the counter, handing in front of the traveler who seems to be flustered and startled by your sudden interruption

It wasn't just the traveler, Diluc was also there staring at you with wide eyes that goes unnoticed by you as you flock around the blonde male traveler.

But upon having a self reflection of your actions a couple of moments ago, you look at the flustered yet seems to be uncomfortable traveler right in front of you.

By that you clear your throat, taking two steps back.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm a fan of yours. May I ask for your name honorary knight?"

With you smiling like that, no one could really refuse you.

"Aether"

"That's a great name for a great guy like you!"

You beam like a fan

Seeing you interacting like that with another guy, Diluc felt odd, a strange feeling swirling on his chest, at the same time he as he ate something he doesn't like, a frown was visible on his face.