•I am the main character•

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" the new girl looked at me with fear as her books fell to the ground while colliding with me, making me back away in disgust.

It was her...

I've been looking forward to seeing her up close and personal all week.

Ever since I saw her quietly talking to Zack Zeigler, I was determined to have a conversation with her, thankfully, I didn't have to try hard since she had two left feet.

The girl in question looked dull, the type of girl you would see in romantic movies or chick flicks —clumsy, quiet yet attractive for some odd reason.

Her black jeans that seemed to be bigger than her skinny frame made me internally roll my eyes, and worse, the black turtle neck she matched with didn't do justice to her innocent-looking face and her already dark hair and pale skin.

She looked like a vampire.

Speaking of vampires, she reminded me a lot of Kristen Stewart in twilight. I didn't hate the movie or the character, I just hated how her dull personality made her get the coolest guy in school aka Edward Cullen.

Watching movies and reading thousands and thousands of books made me realize that girls like me—Popular, blonde, girly, and outspoken—never get the guy, and are usually seen as the villain but girls like her —quiet, dull, and completely "not like other girls" —are seen as "relatable" and always gets the happily ever after.

I didn't believe this case would happen in my school. There's barely any competition and all the girls in Hillview High seemed to have some kind of fashion and identity crisis.

However, something was different about this girl, she walked in an hour late for class on her first day, talking about; "I couldn't find my class, the school is big"

I could tell that everyone liked her already, and these idiots didn't even try to hide it.

She even managed to make friends with a group of nerds in less than a week, blending in with everyone.

I didn't have a problem with her until she got paired with Zack in our science class.

Mr. Duruant—our science teacher— decided to try and be a good teacher by switching up the kids and pairing them with different students for "a change"

However, Zack Ziegler wasn't the type to talk to ANYONE.

Ever since he moved to our school at the beginning of the year, he made no effort to blend in and it was obvious that with his good looks and mysterious personality, everyone would want to be friends with him—or even date him.

I only disliked the fact that he barely noticed or acknowledged me. It was like I didn't even exist. He made me feel like my personality was over the top and most of the time, He looked like he couldn't bear to look or talk to me.

Well, with everyone except her

I remembered Looking at them all week in science class with shock. Everyone, including Mr. Duraunt, was startled that Zack made little conversations with her.

Now, Candice, Kylie, and I were looking at the same girl with a forced smile, looking down as she picked her books from the ground.

"It's okay, what's your name?" I implored.

"Madison o-or just Maddie" She stuttered and tucked her damaged hair behind her ear while flashing an awkward smile 

"I'm Olivia" I asserted "you're new aren't you?" I inquired, forcing a smile as my eyes glanced at her dirty cracked nails.