•He asked me what?•

Does Madison have a date for the perfect dance?
Did he seriously ask me that?

I couldn't believe it.

I was sitting across from Madison at lunch and Molly had already given us our food. everyone was eating already but I couldn't stomach the salad in front of me.

I greatly despised Madison and I couldn't believe Zack asked me that question.

What does he even see in her anyway?

Sure with a few hair treatments and decent clothes, she would look attractive but she wasn't interesting enough to talk to.

"James Anthony asked me to the perfect dance" Candice gushed while James walked in with his football team.

Candice flashed him a sweet smile while waving at him seductively as he sat with his group of friends on one of the popular tables in the middle of the cafeteria.

Roy Mccoy also walked in and glanced at me before he waved at me awkwardly and sat down.

"Awww he probably wants to ask you to the dance" Candice cooed "you should go with him"

Ew

Maybe you guessed, maybe you didn't but Roy and I used to date and we used to attend every dance together.

This year was the first year we won't be attending together after I broke up with him.

No!

I didn't break up with Roy because of Zack. I broke up with Roy a month before Zack transferred to Hillview.

Roy is extremely popular and the leader of his football team. He is athletically built and had golden blonde hair that made him look like a typical stud.

He was cute in the beginning but then I realized he didn't mentally stimulate me.

All he ever wanted to do was make out and throw parties every Friday night which would make him even more popular since he was dating me.

In theory, popular girl and guy dating sounds perfect but in reality, it was a mess.

We had nothing in common.

That's why when Zack transferred to our school, I instantly knew he was the one simply based on his test scores...and of course, his looks.

However, my point is, Roy was dumb as a rock.

"Well, Kenny asked me to the dance and I said yes" Kylie announced and I let out a small giggle.

"What? He's popular" Kylie said in a high-pitched voice.

She was triggered.

I wanted to laugh

"Yeah but it's Kenny," I said as if it was obvious, "He asks anyone out" I finished

Kylie looked down on her food and started nibbling on it quietly. I smiled and turned to Madison

"Who are you going with to the perfect dance," I asked her with a small smile, knowing exactly what she's gonna say

"I wanted to ask Zack but I heard he already has a date"

I smiled in triumph as I saw her innocent face full of disappointment.

I recalled the conversation I had with Zack and smiled to myself.

"Do you know if Madison has a date?"

"Of course she does, she hangs out with me now, I wouldn't let her go alone" I remember saying, and watching Zacks face fall made me slightly angry.