Chapter 7

Eventually we had to go to class. By the time I opened the door, Mera had already left. The rest of the day felt bit quiet as I finished the editing by my desk. Secretly doing the work during my other subjects, or during Morris' class itself. To be honest, there was nothing stopping me anyway.

Lunchtime finally began and everyone had already left the classroom to go eat somewhere else in the school. Most of the time, I would do the same because my school has quite the recreational areas to eat from including the roof. However, I didn't have time to spare. My hand was basically on fire trying to finish editing and then rewriting it all.

Just as I was about to take a break from the pain, a juice box was placed in front of me. Then someone moved my classmate's seat to link mine with theirs. It was Mera again! Though she didn't say a word unlike earlier. Her eyes didn't even meet mine. Instead, she just sat with a sandwich in her hand and took up a pen.

She didn't even ask but she took some of the papers that needed to be rewritten. I didn't say anything, rather I didn't want to say anything.

The sound of us just writing and my occasional sipping from my juice box made things feel peaceful. Compared to earlier this morning, I felt a bit more relaxed despite Mera in front of me. Lunchtime was almost finished, people started to pour into our classroom but we didn't stop.

I could even start to hear people talking in the background about me. Some even mentioned who that girl next to me was as a Gouldy. Or that if I actually had a friend this time. Though none of it mattered because they were talking about me. In fact, they should be talking about me since I am the main character here.

Eventually we managed to finish everything in time for the break to end. Mera didn't even say anything as she stood up and left.

Mako: Hey... Thanks...

Mera smiled then continued on her way. Everyone looked at our exchange like a bunch of animals. I simply gave them an annoyed glare to make them scatter. Letting out small sigh, I almost reached over to grab a cigarette from my bag for a good job done but I remembered this was school. I just had to bite my lip in the end...

Boy classmate with dyed orange hair: So what did you do this time to blackmail the owner of the school building?

Mako: Who are you again?

Boy: The guy who sits in front of you dumbass.

Mako: Try that again, I dare you.

Boy: I'm just saying, you should've at least known my name since I've been sitting next to you for years now.

Mako: I don't need to know anyone that isn't interesting.

Boy: I'm the only guy here who has the only dyed orange hair. What more would I need to be interesting?

Mako: Having different colored hair doesn't make you interesting, you're just a person with different colored hair.

Jake: It's Jake. Come on, I even know your name.

Mako: I doubt that.

Jake: Eh... You got me there. I'm sure it starts with a B though.

Mako: It's Mako.

Jake: Guess even after all these years sitting together, we couldn't remember our names.

Mako: Why are you even talking to me? Clearly there wasn't a signal in the air to talk to me.

Jake: Nothing. It just seems to be the perfect time to introduce myself after three years. Besides, it'll just be for one year till we never see each other again.