𝗖𝗵. 𝟬𝟵

"We verified the cursed womb three hours ago

"We verified the cursed womb three hours ago. Once ninety percent were successfully evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center," Ijichi explained to all four of you. "All citizens near this five hundred meter radius have been evacuated, as well."

"Ijichi-san, question," Yuji spoke up. "What's a window here?"

"They are members of jujutsu tech that can see curses, but aren't sorcerers," he explained to the clueless vessel.
"Oh, okay."

"Let's continue, detainee block-.."

zoned out

'Why am I here? I don't think I can handle hours of exorcizing curses in the future without having to use the restroom. Gosh, this is hard work. What is this old man even saying?.. he kinda looks like a botto-..'

"Excuse me!" A voice interrupted your thoughts. You all turned to see a middle aged woman. "Excuse me.. where's Tadashi? Is tadashi.. is my son alright?

"Please calm down!" The man tried to stop her while you just blankly stared at her.

'I can't handle situations like these,' you thought, feeling a little upset. 'Ah, that's alright.. all the movies and shows I watched should have prepared me for this..!'

"U-uh ma'am, we can check for your son inside, but we can't promise you anything on his condition," you reassured her.

She then looked up at you and went down on her knees, crying. 'Damn.. keep your fucking mouth shut, you're so embarrassing! You're gonna make things worse!' You sweat dropped.

"Please step away, there's a possibility that someone has spread poison gas through the center. We can't share any details at this moment," Ijichi told her.

"No.." the woman kept crying and covered her face with her hands.

"Y/n.. Kugisaki, Fushiguro.. we're gonna save them!" Yuji cracked his knuckles.
"Of course we are!" Nobara agreed.
'Wow, they seem confident. I have a feeling things aren't going to go well..'

。。。

"Be careful," Ijichi told you guys while he put up the veil.

"Woah, it's becoming night!" Yuji yelled.
"That's cool," you commented. Of course, you've never seen a veil either. Your grandparents haven't let you fight real curses yet. Just training.

"It's veil, there's a residential area nearby, so this veil conceals us from the outside world," Megumi explained to the two of you.

"That's incredible!"
"Ignorant.." Nobara said, uninterested.

Megumi put up hand signs to summon his demon dogs. "Demon dogs!"

"Oh, it's the cutie from that night!" Your eyes sparkled.
"He'll let us know if the curse gets close," Megumi said.
"Good boy, good boy! We're counting on you!" You and Yuji peppered him with compliments.

"Let's go," Megumi opened the door and let the dog in first and walked after him.

"Huh? What's going on? We're supposed to be in the two-story dorm right?" Yuji asked.
"C-calm down, it's just two stories!" Nobara tried to calm him down.
"That's not it.." Megumi's eyes widened. "Where's the gate?!"
You all looked at the direction you entered from.
"The door disappeared! Why? We just came in through that door, right?"

"Ah, what should we do?"
"What should we do?" Yuji and Nobara started walking around like idiots.
"It's okay," Megumi said and faced his dog. "He remembers the smell of the exit and entrance."
"Oh wow!!"

The three of you started petting him and complimenting him. "Jerky, have all the jerky you want!"
"You really are reliable, Fushiguro!" Yuji smiled. "People like me are saved because of you!"
"Yeah, dude. You're the best!" You said.
"..let's go forward," Megumi tried to ignore you guys.

。。。

A dead body lied on the floor with two curses next to it.

"This is atrocious."
"It's safe to say these are three people, right?"
Yuji went up close to check out his name tag.

Okazaki Tadashi

'Is Tadashi.. is my son alright?'

"I'm taking his body home," Yuji said.
"Huh?"
"It's that person's son. His face hasn't been too damaged."
"Being told he's dead without the body.. she won't be able to grasp it."

'He's already dead though.. we should focus on the potential survivors instead,' sweat rolled down your face.

Fushiguro grabbed Yuji's collar. "We need to confirm if the other two people are alive or dead, leave his body alone."

"When we looked behind us, the path we came from disappeared. We don't have any leeway to go back later!"
"I didn't say later, I said leave it!" Megumi yelled. "I don't care about rescuing people I don't want to or ones that already turned into corpses.
"What do you mean?" Yuji glared at him.

'Oh gosh, are they fighting? What does Megumi mean by not rescuing people he doesn't want to?'

"This is a reform school, you know? Information about the scene is disclosed to shamans beforehand. That guy was driving without a license and hit a primary girl in her way back from school. It was his second time driving without a license," Megumi explained.

Yuji's eyes widened at the information.

"You really do fuss over leading a lot of people to the 'right death,' huh? But what would you do if those people you saved killed other people in the future?"

"THEN WHY? WHY DID YOU SAVE ME?!"

You and Nobara ran up to them.
"Stop arguing, dammit!"
"Cut it out! There's a time and place for-.."

Before Nobara could finish her sentence, she got.. eaten by the floor? What the hell?

"Saki-chan? What ha-.."
You suddenly felt yourself falling inside the floor as well.
..Oh, it actually felt kind of relaxing getting eaten by the floor.

"Kugisaki?"
"Y/n?"

"Kugisaki?""Y/n?"