𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

𝑗𝑜'𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑓𝑖𝑡𝑠, 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑜𝑚, 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜𝑝^^

"They were always walking away from him. But he never seemed able to walk away from them."
Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys.
(ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɢᴀɴsᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ʙᴇs ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ. ʜᴇ's ʀɪᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ᴅɪᴇ ᴛʏᴘᴇ ғ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ.)

"Shouldn't you be studying for your exam?" Jo asked Nathan as she filled mugs for the customers seated at the counter. "It's a better use of your time than watching me work." She said as she finally managed to walk up to the end of the counter where he sat.

Nathan frowned as he pulled her closer by her waist. "I would rather spend my time with my beautiful girlfriend." He said placing a feathered kiss on her cheek.

Jo's cheeks flushed slightly, "When did Mr. Preppy get so sappy?" She asked with a teasing smile as she pressed her lips to his. Unfortunately, for Nathan, she only pecked his lips before pulling away to clear the table nearby.

He twisted his body towards her and frowned as his eyes followed her as she worked. "When our friends and my evil sister keep hogging your free time." He said, making a dramatic irritated expression. "Does she call you at three in the morning to make plans before I have the chance to?"

"Come on," She dragged out trying to hide a grin as she found his eagerness to be with her endearing. "Rory and Dean are having a weird blip in their relationship.  And as their friends and you, her brother, we should be there for them if they choose to talk to us."  She explained as she went to take the used dishes to the kitchen.

When she reappeared behind the counter, Nathan continued. "I love how compassionate you are, but baby, we are not couple therapists."

Jo chuckled as she walked back over to him wrapping her arms around his neck and leaned into him. He instinctively reached out for her, pulling her in by her hips.

"No, but Rory is one of my good friends, and Dean is yours. There are expectations that follow those titles." She said, and he dramatically pouted. "My shift is almost over. How about I come over to yours and help you study for your Latin exam."

Nathan looked at his watch, and it was already half-past eight. He knew how busy she was, especially on Fridays. "It's all right. You should get some rest." He said, rubbing circles on her bare hips with the pad of his thumbs.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach with the feeling of his skin on hers. She pushed away the feeling and gave him a playfully serious look. "I'm coming over. Besides, your girlfriend is fluent in Latin."

❀❀❀

Jo laid on Nathan's bed, looking up at the ceiling as she listened to Nathan's Latin. She remembered a time when she wondered if there was anything Nathan was bad at; it turns out it just so happened to be Latin.

Nathan looks down at his textbook, barely trying to figure out the excerpt, as his gaze always returned to the concentrated beautiful brunette sprawled out on his bed. "Qui responderum-"