chapter ten

ᴄʜ

ᴄʜ. ᴛᴇɴ

"𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠."
—𝐺𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑛 𝐹𝑙𝑦𝑛𝑛, 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑝 𝑂𝑏𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑠

。・ ゚・.・。・.・ ゚・。

"Sales. Sales." Lane said astonishingly as her, Jo, and Rory walked through the town square on their way to go shopping. Even though Jo still had a few weeks left in her cast, her doctor gave her a boot, and she wanted to test out walking in it, much to Luke's dismay.

"Lane, it's just a stupid test." Rory said trying to make her feel better.

"Lane Kim, you have shown a genuine aptitude for sales." Lane read for the letter in her hand.

Rory rolled her eyes, "It doesn't mean anything."

"Hello, ma'am. You're eyeing the new whip-o-matic. This baby's right off the truck. If you're looking to fulfill your whipping needs, you are at the right place, as Devo says, if a problem comes, you must whip it, as long as you whip it with whip-o-matic."

"Damn, you're good." Jo said impressed.

"Yeah, I'll take two." Rory jokes making her and Jo chuckle.

Lane ignored them, "I don't want to be in sales. I wanna do something cool."

Jo sighed, "And you will be, don't listen to one that stupid test."

"What did you get, Jo?" Rory asked

"Oh, I didn't take it."

Rory's brows furrowed, "Why not?"

Jo pointed to their friend that was on the break of madness. "For the exact reason why Lane is freaking out. I am meant to be a lawyer and I don't need a test to tell me otherwise."

"Hey." Someone called out from behind them. They turned around to Dean and Nathan.

"Oh, hey." Rory said clearly not expecting to see Dean.

"Hi, Lane and Jo." Dean said greeting his girlfriend's friends.

Jo nodded her head in greeting, "Sup, DiCaprio," She said then looking to her other friend, "Preppy."

"What are you doing?" Dean asked Rory.

"We're going to buy some shoes." Rory said.

"And pick up a job application." Lane said.