Chapter - 2

Rebecca

"Thank you for picking me up" I tell Alex as soon as I strap my seat belt.

"Ofcourse, did you find any information about anything in those papers?" She asks me as she starts driving.

"Yes, the names of the kids he was selling the drugs to. That guy is sick, there were so many names, if I was to say by approximately I would say more than 50 or 60 names" I tell her as I think about all the names that I found written on the sheets of paper.

"Jesus, what the hell? We have to give the evidence to the agency, we will go tomorrow okay?" She looks at me for confirmation and I nod.

"And it looks like the agency would have to send some people to find these kids" I tell her as I check the papers again that are in my hands.

As I go through the papers with the names, a small piece of handmade paper that looks like it has been crumbled too many times falls from the bunch. I pick it up and see a little scribbling of something.

J.L

What the hell does that mean? I try going over everything that Alex had told all of us when we were planning for the mission. How David Michael would change places but stay near the same neighborhood everytime he would sell drugs, how he would buy drugs from other drug sellers wearing masks all the time. But J.L was something or someone that was never mentioned.
Turning towards Alex I ask her if she knows someone connected to David with the name J.L.

"No, I haven't heard of that name, but if you find out what the initials mean I will be able to find something" she tells me as we reach our house.

We all lived together - me, Alex, Xavier and Carter. The whole team.

It was a two story house with two rooms on the first floor and two on the second. Xavier and Carter had the first floor and me and Alex had the second.

The guys were protective, they wouldn't let us sleep downstairs. But that was also one of the reasons me and Alex loved them. It wasn't that we couldn't fight for ourselves, it was just that it made them feel at ease and we gave it to them because honestly it didn't really change anything.

Getting out of the car we both walk towards the house. I hold the papers as I think about what that sign name could stand for. Maybe the agency could help?

Shaking the thoughts away I see Xavier on the couch with a plate of...

Chicken wings from KFC?

"When did you get them!? Why didn't you call us? I want some" I yell as I go to snatch some up but he moves towards the other side of the couch.

"No, these are mine, get your own, you know I don't share Reb, I love you but food is something that I love more than anything and you know it" he whines and I give up. He was too cute to keep arguing with, this fucker.

"Fine, where is Carter?" I ask him as I go to sit beside him on the couch.

"He was called back to the agency, looks like you did a good job on David Michael. I fixed him up and we took him to the main building to give the report to Hunter."

Hunter was our boss, in the agency every five teams were watched by a head, an advanced member of the agency and ours was Hunter. He was a good man, in his late 30s and respected all of us. He treated us like we were his children even though we were only in our late 20s. We all would wake up early in the morning, take a day off after a mission then Hunter would give us another mission to solve. But the details he gave us about our targets were not enough so Alex would further look into it at home.

"Wait, if the job is done then why is Carter there?" Alex asks him from the kitchen.

"Hunter said it was something important and he couldn't wait a single day to tell us. You both were busy and someone had to be home so Carter decided to go and see what he wanted to tell us."

Alex comes out of the kitchen with two mugs in her hands and gives me one. Mhmm, her coffee was always better than mine.

"That's weird" I whisper as I take a sip from my mug.

"Don't worry about it ladies, you both know that Carter and I will always be there with you in any mission we take up." Xavier's voice softens as he speaks. His wings forgotten for a few minutes.

And was it possible for a heart to melt away? Because I swear these guys were the best.

"Aww, you know Alex and I will do the same for you and Carter, we love you guys" I tell him as I go to hug him. Alex joins me and we hug the shit out of Xavier. He grumbles.

"Okay, okay, I get it I am good looking but you girls can stop with the choking. Fuck, you are strong" he tells us and we all laugh.

Xavier was definitely a good looking guy, he had light blonde hair, emerald green eyes and his body was muscular. Ofcourse it was, we all trained hard. There was a gym room on the ground floor that had a boxing ring as well which was my favourite of any of the equipments there.

Alex looked at him with something in her eyes that I couldn't tell, she always had a soft spot for him. At first I thought it was because she thought of him as a brother but now not so much. Maybe there was something there.

"Okay so tell me what did you find in that hotel room" Xavier asks me getting serious.

"I found these papers on the table, looks like David was selling the drugs he was buying at a higher price. He was selling these drugs to kids. There are so many names in there Xavier, and who knows how many more are there. These were the only names written down." I give the papers to him to see as I speak.

"That bastard, we have to give these to Hunter" Xavier tells us and Alex and I both nod.

"Yes, Alex and I were planning to go tomorrow to the main building to give them to Hunter. I know it's a free day for us but we can go and get this done in the morning" I tell him and he nods.

"Okay, that's a good idea"

I take the papers from him but then remember about the initials.

"Hey Xavier? Do you know anyone or anybody in the record of the targets in our agency with the initials or cover name J.L? I found it between these papers." I ask him handing him the small crumbled paper with the scribbling.

"No I don't know, but if this is connected with the drugs and David then maybe we can ask him about it?" He tells us as he thinks about it.

"But do you think he will open his mouth?" Alex asks us and I sigh. He wouldn't until someone makes him do it out of fear.

"Don't worry about it, if he doesn't speak, Carter and I will handle it" Xavier tells us and we agree.

After that we plan about how we were going to spend the next day sleeping and eating. Watching movies and going shopping. How we would tell Carter about it later when he comes back from the agency. But as we discussed this my mind went back to that little scribbling. Why did I feel like this mission wasn't complete at all? Like we had just started solving it?