Chapter - 6

Something in your eyes

was so inviting.

Something in your smile

was so exciting.

Something in my heart told me

I must have you.

~ Frank Sinatra

                 __________________

Rebecca

The red hair actually suited my clear white skin. I had taken the red wig with long curly red hair, a pair of big hoop earrings and a coat from the stores around me because the more, the less chances of getting identified. I had changed into this new woman in one of the stalls of the rest room. After all, I didn't know if these men and women in black knew how I looked or not.

My purse did have a taser as well, that was normal right?

I had abandoned my gun but a taser was something women carried right?

right.

Leaving the ladies washroom, I sneaked out to the second floor through the stairs. We had been on the ground floor and had been planning to go to the second floor for burgers because that is where most of the food stores were. The civilians were all brought to the hallway from all the stores on the ground floor and were told to sit with their hands above their heads, it's a miracle that I didn't get found.

Closing the door to the staircase, I abandoned my flats so as to make as little noise as possible because I was sure the civilians on the first and second floor were also being kept hostage.

Almost there to the second floor, my feet stopped as whispers started coming from the stairs above me. I couldn't see faces but by the sound of it I could make out three or four voices.

The sound of the staircase door opening and closing had me on alert.

Who was it?

were these criminals also in here?

that wouldn't do.

I had just taken a step to go back downstairs when a deep voice of a man spoke out in the staircase.

"Hello? I can hear you breathing, please show yourself. It's okay, I am also trying to hide here" he whispered and it was audible because the staircase was so silent confirming that it was only him and me here.

What the fuck happened to other people? Did no one try to use the staircase?

Yes Reb, normal people who aren't into fighting and finding criminals would try to run and risk their lives right?

A little voice told me in my head and I realized that I wasn't afraid because I was always prepared for these kind of situations, this was my job.

The people were just living their everyday lives without risks like we took and it wasn't really their fault of not having the will to try to run when their lives were at stake.

"My name is Jace, you can trust me on this I promise" the man's whispered voice spoke again.

Do I trust him or do I not? What if he was one of them?

A shame that I couldn't see him to make it out.

At this point, I just wanted to get it over with. The man could have a gun on him if he was one of them but I wasn't a professional just like that.

This girl had moves bitches.

I could kill him before he even had the chance of pointing the gun at me.

Taking the chance of going to him, I took the stairs one at a time and came face to face with a gorgeous face, a scar slashing one of his eyebrows and extending to the cheek and blue eyes with black hair.

Wow,

he was tall, like Hunter tall and Hunter was taller than all of us.

This man's body was muscular, his arms thick with veins standing out in few places.

And he had no gun on him.

His blue eyes were just so....

blue.

They were really pretty.

And I think I wasn't the only one appreciating his looks, he was doing the same with mine.

"So, what is your name?" He asked

Well, time to give him a fake name because even though he was beautiful, it was job before man.

             ______________________

Jace

The woman in front of me was beautiful,

long curly red hair, a little too bright for her creamy ivory skin but lovely nonetheless, freckles dotting her nose and cheeks, her eyes were a brown so light that it looked unusual, her lips were pink and h-

stop.

I was here on a job and that's it. My men and women were spread everywhere and I had just spoken to my two of the best fighters of my team here before they also took their position.

We were ending this game with the russians, they had their territory and wanted control over my family as well?

well, choices had consequences but these consequences wouldn't continue here. We had to take them away from here. They wanted fight? We would give it to them.

Suddenly my guns and knives felt heavy on my body, this woman right here was making me feel too hot in my own skin.

Stop Jace, she is a civilian just like all of those being kept hostage. I don't know how she fooled them and chose to run but she had guts that I had to give her.

Unfortunately that also made me think of her fighting me in ways that made my cock hard.

Fucking hell.

"My name isn't important, are you also trying to get out of here?" Her sweet voice asks and my heart starts beating fast.

Focus.

"I am" I lie, better if she thought I was also one of them.

The sound of the staircase door opening and closing makes me groan and my body rigid.

I had to move but I couldn't leave her here alone,

taking her hand in mine I move to get on the second floor to hide in one of the stores then would think what had to be done.