Chapter - 4

Rebecca

After telling Xavier what Hunter had told Alex and me we all decided to leave the mission as we had left it because it wasn't ours to solve anymore. As Hunter said, the agency would look into it. Watching two horror movies and teaming up for popcorn fights in between, we all decided to go shopping. Ofcourse Alex and me were more happy and excited as compared to the boys but this free day was ours to rule. We would plan as one free day we all would do what the boys wanted and the other what Alex and I wanted. This way things were balanced between us four and there were less arguments.

"Are you going to buy that dress? Because I can't stand anymore" Xavier tells me as I look at the dress on me in the mirror.

"Maybe I will and stop acting like a child doc, haven't you learned about keeping calm by helping the people in need" I tell him as I come out of the changing room and see him holding the other two dresses I had told him to hold. But I didn't like them a lot.

"Really? You are going to use the doc card now?" He widens his eyes feigning shock and hurt. Too bad I knew him too well.

"Yes now let's go, I am buying this hot as hell dress"

After paying for my dress, me and Xavier decide to go to the ice cream corner where Alex and Carter were. They wanted to eat something before doing anything else, they were just like cute but irritating siblings.

"Hey Xavier? You go ahead, I have to go to the washroom. I will meet you outside the ice room shop. Oh, and take these" I tell him as I hand him my shopping bags.

"Okay but you have your gun and your phone with you?" He asks me looking serious.

"Yes I do, don't worry about me, go and look for Alex and Carter. Make sure they aren't filling themselves with a lot of ice cream. We still have to go look for burgers and drinks" I tell him and he nods with a smile on his face.

And with that I go to look for the nearest washroom.

                  __________________

Alex

Me and Carter order for another scoop of ice cream, mine being chocolate and his being cookie dough.

"When are you going to tell Xavier that you like him Alex?" Carter startles me with his question and I try to come up with something but go blank.

"We have eyes, me and Rebecca can clearly see something going on there. I think he likes you too. Remember the last mission you and Xavier were in lead and you got shot in the arm? He left everything to take care of you. He cares about you more than any of us, I have never seen him so scared" Carter tells me as he places a hand over one of mine. And how could I forget really when I had the scar to remember it.

But before I can say anything I hear the opening of the door of the ice cream store and turn around to see Xavier looking at us.

"Hey, where is Reb?" I ask him in a hurry hoping he didn't hear Carter.

"She had to go to the washroom, said she will meet us here. I have been given the duty to make sure you both aren't killing your stomachs with all that ice cream" he smirks and I let go of the breath I was holding in relief.

"Don't worry, we just ordered our second cup" I tell him as I walk a little closer to him.

"Okay, and I forgot to tell you, you look really beautiful in that dress" he smirks at me as he clearly checks me out.

I blush, God I never blush but Xavier makes me feel like a thousand bees are buzzing inside my stomach.

"Thank y-" before I can complete what I was saying I hear something that should have never been happening in a mall. With all these civilians.