Chapter 23

Warning- Very Toxic Draco.

Soundtrack- "Devil Like Me" by Akine and "Persephone" by Tamino

Chapter 23

.

Hermione tossed over in her bed. The blankets shifted with her, pulling tightly around her body. She tucked her face into the pillow, chestnut curls resting under the hand that she pulled in close to her face. Her brow creased a little as a small noise came from her sleeping form. She took a deep breath, eyes racing behind her closed lids.

"Ron!" she cried out and he rushed towards her. "Ron, please!" His footsteps were heavy as they pounded down the black tiled corridor.

"I'm here," he ran into her, grabbing her hands and pulling her along with him. "I'm with you."

Hermione clasped his hand tightly in hers and started off with him, running towards the door at the end of the hallway. They burst through into the large circular room. She knew it well. The doors started spinning and somehow she lost hold of Ron's hand.

"Ron!" she screamed out, watching the doors speed past her. As they began to slow she tried to catch her breath, eyes darting to each one as it passed. Which one should she go through? Where was Ron? Where were the Death Eaters? Where was her Death Eater?

She took a step forward, unsure where to go or what to do, but she knew she couldn't stay here. She needed to find Ron and then Harry. They needed to get out of here before they were found.

A door opened, creaking slightly as it swung towards her. It was dark inside, so dark. She couldn't see anything. Hermione held her breath, but no one came out. She took a step back. She didn't know what was in that dark room, but she knew doors shouldn't open on their own.

"Oh thank Godric!" Ron's voice sounded from behind her. Hermione spun around to see him surging through another door. "Hermione, I've been looking all over for you! Hurry he's-"

"Granger..."

His deep voice echoed around in the room and in her head. Her Death Eater had found her.

Slowly she turned and saw him standing there in the dark doorway, his black robes making him almost invisible except for the cold metal mask and shining silver eyes locked onto hers.

Hermione sucked in a quick breath and held it, unable to breathe out.

"Hermione! Come on!" Ron called to her.

The silver eyes narrowed knowingly and his head tilted to the side.

He held out a hand covered in a black leather glove. "Come with me."

Her heart... oh, her heart. It had been broken, bruised, and beaten, but with those three words it filled to the brim with everything she had ever felt for him.

Hermione stared into his silver eyes. She knew those eyes. She knew him. Draco.

She had missed him so much. So much she wasn't sure it was possible. How could someone miss someone else like this and still be able to function?

Well, she wasn't. She was just barely getting by. If she thought Draco ending things with her before was bad, that was nothing, nothing, compared to how this felt. This was... Empty. Open. Awful.

But staring into his silver eyes, it all came back. The bubbles, the flutters, the beating, the blood, the love.

Draco...