Chapter 1 (The Hurtful Promise)

'I do'

The moment Junkyu heard those words from the man with whom he exchanged rings a while ago, he let a shy smile out. Being an introvert and extremely bad at approaching people romantically, Junkyu fantasized his wedding a lot. Even though he was marrying just at the age 22, he was excited and wanted to do all sorts of romance with the man in front of him.

With his husband Park Jihoon.

'You may kiss the groom now.'

This would be Junkyu's first kiss. Surprisingly, being 22, Junkyu never kissed anyone on the lips before. He was feeling extremely nervous while the man before him approached him for a kiss.

His heart beat loudly. His cheeks became rosy. From the corner of his eyes, he saw his friends, the J squad.

Mashiho was cheering him non stop, Yoshi was clapping hard. Asahi was showing his pretty smile and Haruto was a bit jumpy with joy. Seeing their friends, Junkyu gained a bit courage to look at his groom.

'Jihoon is indeed handsome.' Junky thought as he could see Jihoon's face from up close.

Within seconds, he met his lips with Jihoon's ones. They had slight make up on, so, Junkyu actually tasted make up. Still, his heart beat uncontrollably and his mind raced.

'So this is how it feels to kiss someone! No wonder everyone likes to kiss their partners!'

As they pulled away, Junkyu once again looked down in embarrassment. His stomach was feeling weird.

Jihoon gave him a smile before standing apart from him once again.

But he did those just to stop creating a scene in the wedding venue.

Flashback:

"Are you crazy? I have so many things to do!" Jihoon desperately said to his parents.

"Look," his father sternly said, "you know how terrible our condition in the international market is! Do you want us to go bankrupt?"

"Obviously not! I'm trying to help-"

"We have no other way to save our company other than this! If you think we can wait for you to take over the company, then you're wrong. We are gonna have to be homeless if we wait till then!" Jihoon's father shouted. Jihoon gritted his teeth in anger.

"But this is my life! You can't do this to me!" Jihoon shouted back.

"Jihoon ah!" Jihoon's mother said, "We would have understood if you had someone in your life. But since you don't, we want you to marry the daughter of our partner. Jennie's pretty and well educated. I'm sure you'll like her." His mom assured him.

"But mom-"

"Besides, anything you want to do, you can do them even after marriage, no?" She continued.

"Like finding my own love?" Jihoon sarcastically said.

"We are gonna hold the ceremony in a week. We can't wait any longer. Be prepared till then." Jihoon's father left the room. Jihoon looked at his mother in disbelief.

"Please, son, do it for your family, for me?"

Jihoon closed his eyes. He had to say what he had to, "But mom! I-" he took a deep breath, "I like men."

Jihoon's mother gasped. She sat frozen for a while. Jihoon decided not to talk anymore. So, he simply stood up and went to his own room. However, he was called downstairs pretty soon.