Chapter 3 (The Fluttering Heart)

Junkyu was always told to have a weak body, even though his build was pretty strong. He never denied it because he was a victim of his own weakness lots of times, as an instance, the time when he moved to a separate apartment along with Jihoon, as a married couple.

Junkyu didn't like the idea, not did Jihoon, but both of them were handcuffed about the decisions they should have made, as their businessmen parents did those for them, not considering whether it affected them negatively or not.

"Ugh, I can't with these heavy boxes!" Junkyu whined as he plopped down on the couch being tired as hell, because he had been carrying heavy boxes for a while.

Jihoon, who was also carrying lots of other packages containing their stuff, noticed the tired Junkyu.

"Already tired?" He asked. He didn't sound sarcastic, but didn't sound concerned either. Junkyu spared him a glance and then nodded, "Yes, I am bad at doing physical activities." He spoke.

"You're bad at everything!" Jihoon chuckled as he proceeded with his own work. Junkyu just shouted a 'yah!'

The initial cold war between Junkyu and Jihoon kind of subsided, or so Junkyu thought. Junkyu, upon being close with Jeongwoo, stopped acting like a hopeless heartbroken person in front of Jihoon and this also reduced the initial irritation of Jihoon towards Junkyu. But this also brought along short quarrels between them.

"How long are you gonna stay here? Your stuffs are still outside." Jihoon said to Junkyu as he could see Junkyu still resting.

"Give me a minute, I'm really tired." Junkyu said, Jihoon shook his head and went outside. To Junkyu's surprise, Jihoon brought along some of Junkyu's belongings for him.

"Wow, you really didn't have to!" Junkyu stood up saying this because he could see Jihoon carrying the heavy boxes for him.

"How long are you gonna keep them outside, then?" Jihoon spoke. Junkyu quickly went to him and took the boxes from him.

"Thank you, Jihoonie." Junkyu softly said. Jihoon just nodded and walked away.

And just like that, no matter how hard Junkyu tried to dislike Jihoon, he just couldn't. Because of the random kindness of his supposed husband, Junkyu was stuck in a loop of heart-breaking unreturned love.

Junkyu finished taking all of his boxes inside the house. He was way too lazy to start unpacking yet. So, he just went to their shared bedroom to take some rest again. Once he reached there, he saw Jihoon unpacking and arranging the room.

"Wow, you already finished arranging the table and the bed!" Junkyu exclaimed. Those were the two most important things in his life.

"Yeah," Jihoon shortly said, "Are you here to sleep?" he asked Junkyu.

Junkyu shook his head a no, "I'll just lie down a bit, we still have to make breakfast, right?" Jihoon agreed with him.

"Oh, I needed to tell you something," Jihoon started, "Since we're gonna live here, I have already made arrangement for my own bed in a different room. And, I think we are gonna have to divide our share of works to run this apartment and live on our own."

Junkyu's excitement died down. He never looked forward to Jihoon cuddling him to sleep, but he was okay with sleeping on the same bed as they did before. He thought, living alone would make their bond stronger, but seeing how Jihoon made way to destroy any possibility made him feel worthless again.