Chapter 2 (The Mistaken Assumption)

Junkyu woke up earlier than usual. The strain in his eyes due to crying till late night finally took action and gave him a bad headache, disturbing his first love- sleep. Junkyu blinked several times to adjust with the irritating light falling on his eyelids.

And then he saw the unfamiliar room. He wasn't in his own shaded room, specifically designed to protect the morning slumber of him, unlike the Park household's room where he was currently staying. He looked beside him and saw Jihoon sleeping with his cheeks squished on the pillow, eyes half open.

'He's cute when he's asleep.' Junkyu chuckled. Suddenly the memories from last night clouded his brain.

'Let's pretend to be roommates... you're not even my type... someone like Mashiho... this marriage is based on business purpose...'

Jihoon's words kept ringing in his ears making him extremely sad all over again. What hurt him even more that Jihoon seemed to be perfectly fine while his heart was breaking.

Junkyu stood up, ignoring the constant hammering inside his head. He stumbled a bit while walking towards the washroom. Cursing his clumsy self, Junkyu took the toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it.

He looked at his own reflection in the mirror.

'Why am I not small and cute? Why do I have to be such a big and clumsy person? If I were Jihoon's type, maybe he wouldn't have abandoned me like this?' Junkyu thought to himself.

His heart ached and he heavily sighed. He finished his routine and came outside in a pink sweat shirt and some silver trousers. He was looking comfortable and casual.

His stomach growled; he was really hungry. He looked at Jihoon and saw him sleeping till then. He slowly walked towards Jihoon and started calling him gently.

"Jihoon ah," Junkyu softly called, "wake up, Jihoon ah."

Jihoon moved a little in his place, mumbling incoherent words that somehow meant, "5 more minutes..."

"Jihoon ah, aren't you gonna have breakfast?" Junkyu maintained his soft tone, but added a little poking on his cheeks. Jihoon opened his eyes at that. It took him moments to recognize Junkyu.

"Junkyu, what do you want?" He spoke in his hoarse morning voice.

"I'm hungry. I'm waiting for you to go and have breakfast." Junkyu slowly spoke. Jihoon crossed his brows together in irritation. "Why are you waiting for me? Just get down and ask someone for meal." Jihoon's tone was slightly rude, as he was disturbed because Junkyu woke him up. Junkyu slightly flinched.

"Won't we have to eat together?" He asked again.

"What are you? Five? Just go and stop disturbing me!" Jihoon turned his back towards Junkyu, pulling his blanket over him again, trying to get back to his sleep. Junkyu, hurt by the way Jihoon just talked, turned back and left the room.

He walked downstairs. He saw two or three maids cleaning the house. As he came down, he saw Jihoon's younger brother in the living room.

"Hi, Jeongwoo." Junkyu greeted him. Jihoon's brother named Jeongwoo turned his head towards Junkyu and immediately smiled.

"Hi, hyung!" He waved enthusiastically. Junkyu sat down beside him.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Junkyu asked, trying to make small talk.

"Yes, I did! How about you?" Jeongwoo asked back, then he remembered Junkyu just spent his first night with his husband, he probably didn't sleep for long.

"I slept well," Junkyu said, smiling. Jeongwoo awkwardly nodded.

"Umm... aren't you hungry?" Jeongwoo asked. Junkyu nodded in affirmation.