Chapter 2: Breathe with me

"Hello?" a familiar deep voice said.

Sykkuno's heart stopped, and before he could even think of what to say, a sob ripped through him, and he knew Corpse could hear it.

"Sykkuno? What's wrong, are you okay?" Corpse said quickly with worry seeping out of his words.

"I'm- i'm sorry," Sykkuno rushed out before the little air that he managed to get in ran out. His voice was strained and broke in a few places.

"For what? Sykkuno you have nothing to apologize for what are you talking about? Talk to me buddy, what's wrong."

"I- i'm sorry, please," his voice broke "Don't hate me, i'm so sorry". Another sob ripped through him, and his breathing got worse, doubling in speed, and sounded like more of a wheeze than breathing.

Sykkunos head was spinning and he felt like he was dying, a long painful death.

"Try to breathe with the counts of what I say, okay? Can you do that for me Sykkuno?" Corpse asked calmly and slowly, trying to calm him by being calm.

"I-I c-can, can try" Sykkuno stuttered his words, simply due to the fact that his breathing was so bad he could barely speak, and his anxiety was through the roof.

"Okay buddy that's prefect just try, okay ready? Corpse said, and Sykkuno responded by nodding his head quickly and frantically, not even realizing Corpse couldn't see him. All Corpse could hear as a response was the fast paced breathing from Sykkuno.

"Okay, inhale okay? One, two, three, four," Corpse said slowly, as Sykkuno tried his best to follow, but he felt like his lungs were constricting and all Corpse could hear from the other end was a wheezy breath in, that held what he could only describe as hiccups of breathing in between the breath.

"Now hold, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven,"
Corpse continued, and Sykkuno really felt like he was dying now, everything in him told him to gasp for air, but he fought it because he just wanted to be calm, even if it only lasted a minute, even if it only lasted a second, that would be enough.

"And now exhale, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight." Corpse finished the breathing exercise for one breath, and then noticed how the fast paced breathing was now at half the speed, which was way better than what it was before.

"Good job Sykkuno, keep trying to breathe like that, exactly how I showed you, I'm right here." Corpse said, and this time wasn't expecting an answer.

Sykkuno tried for a few minutes to breathe how Corpse showed him., and he felt himself feeling calmer, his breathing was now somewhat normal, except for the hiccups from still crying.

"How are you feeling now, Sykkuno?" Corpse said.

These words made another sob rip through Sykkuno, and he replied, "I don't wanna feel like this anymore- " His voice broke and he didn't even realize till now that this whole time he was rocking back and forth, until now when curled into himself, and moved his free hand up to his hair, where he grabbed a grip of, and pulled, resting his chin on his knees.

"Do you want me to come over? I can be there in an hour if that's what you want, I have absolutely no problem with that." Corpse said slowly, trying to calm Sykkuno again.

He heard Sykkuno sniffle, and then softly and quietly reply "Yes please."

And that was all Corpse needed to hear.